Will Voom carry the new "Logo" gay channel?

Seawaves

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 10, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
Starts Feb. 2005, gay weddings, gay reality shows, (They are bringing back the game show "Queen for a Day) apple bobbing competions.

How mad will those Voomers be that hate the gay channel that Voom has now?

Personally, then can add whatever HD channels they so desire once they acquire bandwidth, increase PQ, add "high profile" missing SD channels, add OTA scanning, stabilize STBs, release DVR, correct PG problems, train the installation professionals and make parental control a usable option. Just as long as VOOM has an option to deleted unwanted channels from the PG then there should be little reason for anyone to complain.

Of course, HD SPORTS take precedence over all other channels...Just My Opinion.

jawilljr said:
Ala Carte is THE best solution. That way none of my money will fund that channel.

Jerry

I agree....or maybe quit trying to cater to less than 2% of the general population and worry about improving their PQ and channel selection. :confused:

I agree w/the ala-carte option, that would be great. It's a shame they don't have it yet, I dropped VOOM due to Divine being funded by my basic package subscription.

Count me in for a la carte also. Voom can provide whatever they think the market will support, just don't make me pay for it.

I agree....or maybe quit trying to cater to less than 2% of the general population

The exact percentage in the population as a whole might be open to debate, but I suspect the percentage relative to VOOM subscribers is probably several orders of magnitude higher (probably something to do with having a well-paying job and no kids or wife to soak up cash from the toy fund).

Yay for bigotry! :mad:

A la carte will not work - it's just not a pratical business model. Has it ever worked for an entertainment provider?

"The government can pave whatever roads it wants, just don't make me pay for it." :confused:

But I want more HD Sports, so I'm opposed to other channels that aren't HD Sports, VH1 Classic, HGTV, or Food.

roads and entertainment are apples and oranges for comparison. A la carte can work, we'll just end up with less channels 'cause some of the rarely watched ones will fall off of the map.