Win 7 Mobile News thread

Ama wait for the TP2 Windows7 Development to try it on my TP2 to have triple boot :)

The author of that article must have been drunk. He used the words "Microsoft" "Windows" and "fast" in the same article! ;) :haha

You guys might want to make sure you get on this plus sounds like you can get on one of the phones they have restricted in the past like the EVO so forth. I'm glad I waited due to I plan on getting one of the new Win 7 phones coming out in the next month or so. So if you want a EVO or want to wait for one of the new Win 7 phones looks like we can get on them with a small increase in our bill which is not too bad. Either way good news for current SERO customers on older plans.. :)

More here.

Sprint SERO officialy dead. Long live Everything Plus. | WMExperts

The older plans started at $30 and $50, so the increase is significant but at least you now get unlimited Sprint TeleNav and some Sprint TV offerings (pretty pointless on WM devices we suppose).

As previously noted, older SERO customers are 'grandfathered' in so you're all set. You should also be able to order new phones and get the discounts without having to change plans.

Sweet.

I'm a SERO customer considering an upgrade and understand SERO rate plans aren't compatible with all devices. What devices aren't compatible with these plans?
The Samsung Instinct, Samsung Instinct S30, Samsung Instinct HD, Samsung Moment, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, Palm Pixi, HTC EVO 4G and Samsung Epic 4G are not compatible with current SERO rate plans.

If you are considering an upgrade to one of these devices, you will need to also upgrade your rate plan to one of the Everything Plus Data (Individual or Family) rate plans. HTC EVO 4G and Samsung Epic 4G also require the $10 Premium Data add-on. Effective 10/1/10, new SERO Premium rate plans will be available which will be compatible with the devices listed above. Only customers on a current SERO rate plan as of 10/1/10 will be eligible to swap to a SERO Premium plan.

So wait until next month if your on a old SERO plan and want to go to the EVO for only a extra $10 bucks a month to your current plan If your on one of the older plans. I knew this was going to happen where they had to meet in the middle due to they should not be able to make you change your plan. Right now I'm going Win 7 device so should not be a issue but I will probally pay extar 10 to get some of the other benfits so forth. Either way this is good news for us that are on the older $30 plans so forth.

Cool!

Still sitting on my Sero plan with my 3 year+ Mogul phone. I am so surprised this phone has lasted so long but it still does what I need, just need to be patient!:)

Cool!

Still sitting on my Sero plan with my 3 year+ Mogul phone. I am so surprised this phone has lasted so long but it still does what I need, just need to be patient!:)
You and me both. I plan to order a 4G phone on the 1st and finally retire my aged, but still working perfectly, Mogul...and I'll also upgrade my wife's HTC Touch, which she never really care liked. I don't think she'll want a 4G phone, but she can get whatever she wants. I'm very much looking forward to technology refresh! :)

Just a couple questions about the SERO Premium Plans:

Can I assume the new SERO Premium plans will also include Sprint TV since they've also thrown in GPS and Mobile Anytime?

Also, when ordered the SERO 3-years ago none of the Sprint-owned stores would help me - had to call the 800 number. According to the link (below), I should be able to drop by any Sprint-owned store on the 1st of October and walk-out with a new 4G phone and be rolled-over to a SERO Premiere plan, correct?

"What are the plan details of the new SERO Premium rate plans?
As of 10/1/10, there will be two SERO Premium plans available, SERO Premium 500 at $40/month and SERO Premium 1250 at $59.99/month. SERO Premium plans will match current SERO rate plans with two added features, Any Mobile Anytime and Unlimited GPS Navigation. SERO Premium rate plans will be compatible with all devices offered by Sprint. Only customers on a current SERO rate plan as of 10/1/10 will be able to swap to a SERO Premium rate plan. 4G handsets such as HTC EVO 4G and Samsung Epic 4G will also require the $10 Premium Data add-on."

"As a SERO/Everything Plus customer, are there restrictions on where I can upgrade my device?
Yes. You can upgrade through any of the following channels: any Sprint-owned Retail Store, Telesales (888-882-4030), or Sprint.com. You will not, however, be able to upgrade your device through a 3rd party dealer or national retail partner and you will not be required to provide a referring employee's email address and CID in order to upgrade your device. "

Yeah like I said the new Win 7 phones should start showing up next month or in November and those who wanted to get on a EVO can now as well. The Any Mobile Anytime Rocks and Sprint the only one that does this. Everyone else you only can add 10 people in your circle thing.

From what I saw in the past it will be an extra $20 for SERO folks on 4G phones. $10 for the SERO addon and $10 for the 4G add on. Still not a bad deal...

I'll pass on the Win7 though... locked down...no multitasking...etc. absolute garbage.

From what I saw in the past it will be an extra $20 for SERO folks on 4G phones. $10 for the SERO addon and $10 for the 4G add on. Still not a bad deal...

I'll pass on the Win7 though... locked down...no multitasking...etc. absolute garbage.

Would not say it's garbarge! I bet Win7 devices will give Androids and Iphone run for their money and will have some of the best hardware specs on the market. Right now Androids have taken the lead in the market but I think things will change some once the Win 7 devices hit the market. Some demo devices are already out performing some of the Android devices and others. But most native apps will support multitasking but making some apps use memory more than other yet again will save on battery life so forth. Either way multitasking is something that some folks are making a bigger deal out of than necessary which will show once the top devices are out. :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts