Windows Vista

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
HoHum! Another Microsoft ploy to try and make their rotten products sound more enjoyable. I read about that last week on ZDNET. We not only have Windows, now we have "Vistas".

dfergie said:
what was wrong with longhorn?...

Vista is a Marketing name, like Windows XP or NT Server, the others are just in-house code names like all the others before them such as:

http://bink.nu/Default.aspx?tabindex=4&tabid=8

Not only do the in-house probably think its cool, but they can generally talk freely about a code name via verbal, email, IM, etc without risk of other really picking up on what they are talking about. I guess in the high stakes world of software its best to remain as anonymous as possible until the last minute.

It seems to be brand new, if you type "vista" into the searchbox of the european MS-Site you get no hit ;-).

I ignore all the new MS stuff since years. My Windows 2000 sp4 runs reliable like a german train. There are no reasons for me to play the guinea pig.

The-German said:
I ignore all the new MS stuff since years. My Windows 2000 sp4 runs reliable like a german train.
That's because the German train lines all run OpenVMS on VAXen :D (and Alphas)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts