Winegard Pathfinder and Two Wallys?

reubenray

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 30, 2018
Bella Vista, Arkansas
I am thinking of being a snowbird next year with my RV. I currently have a Wally with a hard drive. This gives me limited options for watching/recording shows. If I add another Wally with a hard drive would I be able to record four shows at a time then. What would be my limitations?

I am thinking of being a snowbird next year with my RV. I currently have a Wally with a hard drive. This gives me limited options for watching/recording shows. If I add another Wally with a hard drive would I be able to record four shows at a time then. What would be my limitations?
As long as the 4 shows were on the same satellite I think you could do that just fine. Remember, the Pathfinder is only looking at one satellite at a time so you are locked into the channels that are on the satellite that was first selected. You are locked that way even to the 2 shows on a single Wally as well.

As long as the 4 shows were on the same satellite I think you could do that just fine. Remember, the Pathfinder is only looking at one satellite at a time so you are locked into the channels that are on the satellite that was first selected. You are locked that way even to the 2 shows on a single Wally as well.
Being there are only two satellites now the odds are better than when there were three.

Reactions: charlesrshell
What would be my options in receivers if I were to dig out my old dish 1000.2 dish and tripod out of the attic? I even have a old LNB, but I don't remember what type.
You could record or watch multiple shows on multiple satellites. Each receiver could record a show on one satellite while you watched a show on another satellite for example.

What would be my options in receivers if I were to dig out my old dish 1000.2 dish and tripod out of the attic? I even have a old LNB, but I don't remember what type.
Technically any vip wally or hopper receiver will work with the lnb if setup right. Vip and wally will work directly with it. Hopper duo just needs a solo hub. Hopper 1 or 2 would need a solo node and hopper 3 (or 1 and 2 as well) would need a dph 42 switch with a solo hub.