Wireless Broadband Modems & XBOX 360

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

FreddyvsJasonvsAsh

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 20, 2004
Lakeland, FL
I was wondering if the broadband modems AT&T, Cricket, T-Mobile, Sprint and Verizion sell would work with XBOX Live? My way of thinking is if connected to my laptop or PC then run those to my router, then my router to the 360 it would connect. I really don't know for sure, so I came here because I know there are alot of smart people on the board....LOL

~Brian

I was wondering if the broadband modems AT&T, Cricket, T-Mobile, Sprint and Verizion sell would work with XBOX Live? My way of thinking is if connected to my laptop or PC then run those to my router, then my router to the 360 it would connect. I really don't know for sure, so I came here because I know there are alot of smart people on the board....LOL

~Brian
I like to consider myself one of the moderately smart people on here, but sadly this question is over my head.
:confused:

~Brian

Pretty simple solution actually, run ICS (internet connection sharing) from your laptop. Share the broadband connection with the built in Ethernet card of your laptop and use a standard cross over cable between the two.

You will be up and running in no time.

If you want to use your router, plug a regular ethernet cable between the laptop and the routers WAN port. Then set up the router as you would if using cable always on connection.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)