wireless connection to TV in another room?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

heda_p

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 22, 2009
sunnyvale ca
I currently have vip722hd, i need a tv in another room which doesn't have existing connections in wall, i ordered vip211 for new connection thus looking for some solution where i can just transfer RG6 cable signes in room wirelessly from dish tv satelite in the room ....

I searched but couldn't find anything?

all I need is non hd channels, basic remote functions for volume and channels changing for this room TV...

slingcatcher thing doesn't help cause it need network connection...

I think there should be some better solution available, though I couldn't find one!! appreciate any tip....

The 211 must have a cable run from the dish or the switch.

It cannot feed off another receiver.

If the second TV is SD you could just run a cable from the RF out agile modulator on the 722 to the second TV and use the #2 remote to control channel selection.

running cable is quite massy thus looking for some wireless solution

The 211 must have a cable run from the dish or the switch.

It cannot feed off another receiver.

If the second TV is SD you could just run a cable from the RF out agile modulator on the 722 to the second TV and use the #2 remote to control channel selection.

I am getting a vip622 put in next week, replacing one 211 downstairs, and I am keeping my other 211 upstairs. I am going to be running the 622 on single mode.

One wireless solution I found, that others have also used, is the RF link AVS-5811, which has a transmitter/receiver that you can use to wirelessly beam the TV2 out to another TV. Dont know if this is what you were thinking of, but might help. Read the reviews on amazon.

this looks like the solution am looking for.... how does it change channel though?

My idea is to install new vip211 and then connect transmitter to this....and conect reciever to tv in other room....this fits the bill though how do I change channels? how will the IR emitter work here?

I am getting a vip622 put in next week, replacing one 211 downstairs, and I am keeping my other 211 upstairs. I am going to be running the 622 on single mode.

One wireless solution I found, that others have also used, is the RF link AVS-5811, which has a transmitter/receiver that you can use to wirelessly beam the TV2 out to another TV. Dont know if this is what you were thinking of, but might help. Read the reviews on amazon.

You change the channel with the TV2 remote which is in UHF mode. that is what that little antenna that comes with the receiver is for. You look it up to the receiver and you should be able to control TV2 from another room.

this looks like the solution am looking for.... how does it change channel though?

Uses you regular remote. It has an IR forwarder on it that you connect and point at the host IR. The Dish UHF remote should work as well

It worked pretty good for me in the past, until I got a phone in the sam 5.8ghz range.

x10 has one but I would say just dont go there unless you are a masochist.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts