Wireless joey loses connect

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tpinck

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Nov 4, 2006
My wireless joey loses connection when it has not been used for awhile. It is connected to a tv on the first floor, it is a 3 floor townhouse, the hopper is on the second floor. You have to go upstairs to push the WPS button. Go back downstairs to check. More than 50% of .the time it didn't connect. Rarely does it connect to the point I just stop trying.

Is there a way to connect using the home network. The Hopper 3 is?

Sent from my MAX 10 using the SatelliteGuys app!

If you have the ability to connect both the Hopper 3 and the wireless Joey to your router directly via wired Ethernet, your problem would likely be gone.

If you can't connect that way because you don't have Ethernet cable run from the locations, you could try a powerline ethernet connection.
Plug one into the wall. Connect that one to your router via ethernet cable.
Plug the other one into the wall on the first floor. Connect that one to your wireless Joey via Ethernet cable.
Plug an ethernet cable from the Hopper 3 to your router.

Configure the wireless Joey and H3 as needed to tell them they are using wired connection rather than wireless.

TP-Link powerline network starter kit

Just pull power line to Joey for a minute then plug back in. In about 3,5 minutes, you'll be good.

Thank both of you for your comments. The hard wire would be difficult Hopper is second floor and router is first floor.

I will try the pulling power, and see how that works.

Still don't know why it loses connection so often.

Sent from my MAX 10 using the SatelliteGuys app!

Thank both of you for your comments. The hard wire would be difficult Hopper is second floor and router is first floor.

That was the point of my mentioning a powerline ethernet connection and providing a link to products that do that. Rather than running an ethernet wire floor to floor,
you would make the connection using your home's electric circuit. Might be worth trying if rebooting etc does not help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts