Wireless phone jack

marbilwil

Original poster
Feb 14, 2009
Tennessee
Can someone help me PLEASE? Just got new DVR from Dish and need a wireless phone jack to connect since I don't have phone jack close to TV. Have paid Dish $5 per month for the last year and am tired of doing that. Bought an RCA 926 but it will not work on dial out. I have call waiting in my home and was told I would have to have a special wireless for that. Anyone know which one I could use? Thanks for any help.
Marsha

Never heard of that.If you have High speed internet through thr phone co. you need phone line filters.

I have a 625 and a 722. The 722 is hooked up through my DSL connection via ethernet to my router

For the 625 I purchased a Belkin F5D4073 Wireless Turbo Powerline Kit from eBay for $30. This is a wireless phone jack. It took all of 2 minutes to connect it to my phone line. It works great and E* took the $5 charge off my bill.

You can get these at any electronics store (even Home Depot sells them), but I couldn't find a better price than eBay (including shipping).

Hmm. I don't know. I have a wireless jack and call waiting and it works fine.

that's what it say's on our w/o and a csr even mentioned that when coincidentally i was doing a service call involving a wireless phone jack... 722 reciever phone diagnostic checks out o.k. but trying to perform the dial out would not go through... wireless jack behind the rec was plugged into a power strip. took it of the power strip and plugged it straight into the wall outlet and bingo. everything worked fine after that. $5 waived a regional thing?

as it states on our w/o....

*****Account holder must sign and initial the dha 24 month commitment agreement. MPEG 4 recievers only.
DDA customer - TV2 Reciever connection fee for 1st dual tuner is automatically waived - connect phone or broadband when available.
*** Account can be activated via the IVR, call using the customer phone whenever possible, IVR will auto route, follow the activation prompts...***

I had Dish installed yesterday and now have the VIP 722. What is the best/cheapest way to get an ethernet/phone signal to the receiver?

I only have the MagicJack for the home phone, but do have a wireless network in the house. Would a powerline adapter be best or is there a wireless option?

What is the cheapest (but best) option be?

Tks!!

A Homeplug to ethernet adapter will do the trick. Use an open ethernet port on your router and plug that into the homeplug adapter. This plugs directly into the wall, do not use a surge protector or power strip. The signal will transfer over your ac wiring. Plug your 722 directly into the wall, again it will not work if plug either end into a surge or power strip.

The home plug 1.0 or turbo with speed rating of 14 Mbps or 85 Mps.

Homeplug 2.0 or a speed rating of 200 Mbps are not compatable with dish receivers.

Most or sold in a kit of two, put you only need one for the connection to the router !

Good luck!

if you want to use a wireless phone jack, avoid the ones that claim to use your house wiring as I've found their performance to be erratic at best. I use a product called DUALJACK. This product installs exactly like those in house wiring products but instead uses a 2.4ghz signal exactly like a cordless phone thus avoiding the house wiring and its associated problems. it's also cheaper and can be found pretty much everywhere, even at Walmart who sells it for $29.80. Look here: Walmart.com: DualJack 2.4GHz Wireless Telephone Jack Connection: Computers

This will solve your problem.

Last edited:
I never heard of that. The only problem i had is now I have phone service from Atlantic broadband after 3 rings it stopped ringing sounded like someone picked up phone on a 322 but when I had verizon never had a problem and call waiting worked fine. If I remember right it's caller id u have to get a special one for. Besides if you only need it for 722 you don't need call waiting set it to turn it off before it calls out

Last edited:
as it states on our w/o....

*****Account holder must sign and initial the dha 24 month commitment agreement. MPEG 4 recievers only.
DDA customer - TV2 Reciever connection fee for 1st dual tuner is automatically waived - connect phone or broadband when available.
*** Account can be activated via the IVR, call using the customer phone whenever possible, IVR will auto route, follow the activation prompts...***

Note the DDA part? that stands for Dish DVR Advantage. Only DVR Advantage customers get 1 phone line fee credited off. Anyone else with dual tuners is still screwed. On a positive note, however, it appears from activations I've done that the 1st dual tuner can be either a DVR or Non-DVR (as long as there is at least one DVR somewhere) so that's always nice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)