World Cup cricket 2007

quizzer

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 25, 2006
Guys,

Dish and Directv have priced the WC 2007 at $200. Let us keep track of which providers are we going to subscribe.

thanks

Iam thinking about going with Directv.

I am currently stuck with Dish Network, so I will probably go with their offer. Their website touts an all-inclusive WC package including 'Interactive' programming. Does D* mention anything like that?

Also, from what I understand, E* is the rights holder and since it's non-exclusive, they are being passed to D* as well. Since E* is the rights holder, I suspect that they may have access to additional programming (interactive, same-day highlights et al).

Quizzer:

Have you decided on whether you are going with E* or DTV? I am planning on going with E*.

I wonder if both will carry the same commentary team? The reason being, I was watching the Champions Trophy on E* and the commentary that I heard was apparently different to the one being telecast in England.

E* started telecast of WC 2007 - Warmup matches

Quizzer:

I ordered the Cricket World Cup 2007 thru' E* over the weekend for $199.95. FYI, E* has officially started the tournament telecast early this morning with a live telecast of an Eng vs. Bermuda warm-up match. Also, D* website says that they will not telecast the warmups.

Wonder if E* is the rights owner and possibly have more content?

Iam going with DTV beacuse they are giving Hindi Direct II free of charge ($40) value if ordering WC 2007 package.

Sure, DTV is not telecasting warmups..

This time there is no exclusivity like the one dish had last time.

This has brought down the cost of WC package from 300USD to 200USD.

We should be thankful to DTV for doing this.

Thnaks

Dishhhhh....

Hey guys,

AFAIK, Dish Network has been 199 bucks from the beginning. I decided to go with Dish rather than Direc coz I get to watch the matches online as well. And then they have all these toppings - interactive highlights, mobile updates, radio on web, etc. etc. Direc, I heard, doesn't have any of these.

girl4cricket (nice to see a gal who likes cricket)

there is a disclaimer in dish whicj says we can watch online only with single home account..we cant watch it in office.

directv gives one month of hindi direct free if u go with them

directv rocks!!!!