Not open for further replies.

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
Entire Article Here

The first two games of Fox's World Series match-up between the Florida Marlins and New York Yankees didn't rate as high as the last few games of the League Championship Series, when the Boston Red Sox and Chicago Cubs were still in the mix, but both posted solid numbers to win Saturday and Sunday nights.

Game 1 on Saturday night scored a 10.9/20 fast national rating-up 16 percent from last year-and an average 16 million viewers, according to Nielsen Media Research. That's a 16 percent gain over the same game last year.

Fox easily won Saturday night in households, total viewers and adults 18 to 49. Game 2 on Sunday also finished first in all three measurements. It averaged a 6.6/17 in adults 18 to 49 and 17.8 million total viewers. Top nonsports choices for the night were CBS's "Cold Case" (2.8/7 in adults 18 to 49 and 11.4 million viewers) at 8 p.m., NBC's "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" (4.7/11 in adults 8 to 49 and 14.2 million viewers) at 9 p.m. and ABC's "The Practice" (3.8/10 in adults 18 to 49 and 10.6 million viewers) at 10 p.m.

For the night, Fox won the night in adults 18 to 49 with a 6.6/17, followed by ABC (3.2/8), NBC (3.0/8), CBS (2.9/8) and The WB (1.7/4). In total viewers, Fox won with 17.8 million, followed by CBS (10.7 million), NBC (9.5 million), ABC (9 million) and The WB (3.9 million).

I am sure that Fox will spin the boosted ratings as evidence of their stellar coverage of the playoffs. But in reality, the ratings are in spite of them.

There are no redeeming qualities to their broadcast. From the broadcast crew to the production team, its like a bunch of monkeys are running the show.

Tickets to the game: $80
Hotdogs and drinks for the family: $40
Baseball caps for the kids: $30
Evening night out without the TV: priceless
Missing a home run because of this stupid MasterCard ad: insulting

One of my ongoing problems is how they squeeze out every last drop of commercial time before cutting back to the game. Often, they come back after 1 or 2 pitches have been thrown, they completely blew Manny Ramirez's homerun. They cut from commercial and we all look up at the score and it was 4-2 and Manny was rounding third. There is absolutely no excuse for screwing that up. And it wasn't the first time.

Show the game.

And I could go on about those yahoos calling the game. McCarver has vaulted into the Madden/Morgan pantheon of ineptitude with his insight (or lack thereof) of the game is postively craptastic. 95mph fastballs are changeups, curveballs are fastballs. I am surprised that he gets the score right most of the time.

When is Fox's contract up? I pray its soon because I don't know how long I can stand that villiage of idiots.

John,

I agree with you. I usually turn off the volume and either listen to music or listen to radio broadcast (but not usually). I can only listen to the radio broadcast if I use the OTA reception through my 6000. I also dislike the radio broadcast of the Yankees since they are so bias and often do not concentrate in the game and miss a lot of important things. Right now, I only listen to the espn-radio broadcast.

Fox has a big contract for a few years and you and I will suffer for a long long time. I cannot stand Joe Buck either. He goes off on a different topics that had nothing to do with the game. I hate when they were showing Robin Williams and Billy Cristal had to intercede and said please let us watch the game. It's time for T-Mc and Joe Half-Buck to go and others to step in.

Watching the Red Sox / Yankees games on FOX hurt like hell.

The announce team was constantly picking on Boston.

As a Red Sox fan I know their past ok? No need to keep reminding me.

Just call the damn game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts