WOW - Gregg Loewen just calibrated my RPTV

JasonBourne

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 9, 2004
Connecticut
Gregg went from his Internet event to my home to calibrate my one-year old Sony. I thought that the picture on my TV was pretty good. Gregg took it up to a whole new level. Finding Nemo is simply now BREATHTAKING.

I like to thank the Internet home theater community because I have never heard of calibration until I started poking around HT forums on the web.

One can easily tell that Gregg is dedicated to providing his customers the highest level of service.

congratulations on your new picture. nothing but good things posted about greg's work. everyone that had him work on their set, loves him.

Must have done you soon after doing me ;). Busy guy, aren't you Gregg! I got mine done last week and have greatly enjoyed the improvement to my PQ.

To much for me :(

I could never pay someone that much money to adjust some settings on my TV....

In the ballpark of $400. Sounds like a lot, but once you have done it you will think it was some of the best money you have ever spent. :D

You think you got it looking great with the calibration discs, I know I thought that I would be unimpressed with Greggs work the first time I had him do a TV for me as I used Avia and Video Essentials and had my TV looking good.

I was AMAZED how my set looked after he left.

Believe me when I say it (and others to) that getting a real calibaration done is well worth the money. :)

I would consider having it done. I asked the other day if he ever makes it to Minnesota or near here but I can't find the thread anywhere it's like my ? got deleted, Scott?? j/k Anyway if he has plans coming this way I sure would have him do mine. I got the DVE disk and played with it a bit and I also got a calibration some guy at AVS forums did to his tv which is the same as mine but I really don't understand all the stuff so I am not going into the service menu cuz I know I will screw it up.

If he has a special for like 39.95 I'd do it, but anything above 50 bucks is not worth it. I'm much more savvy with my money than other folks on here.....

Yeah, but there are others that will spend more for speaker wire than others spend for their whole home theater setup.

It all equals out in the end. :D

BFG said:
If he has a special for like 39.95 I'd do it, but anything above 50 bucks is not worth it. I'm much more savvy with my money than other folks on here.....

One man's savvy is another man's cheap.

To each, his own.

BFG said:

Ouch, that hurts ;)

For me, the money I spent (which I won playing FF, BTW) was well worth it. The PQ is simply outstanding!!!!

I will never again purchase another TV without getting it calibrated by Gregg.

As I understand it, that $400 is just to calibrate one input (e.g., DVI) from one source (e.g., DBS receiver). Each additional input and/or source multiplies that initial amount. If I'm wrong about that, sorry I stand corrected. But if that is correct, or near correct, it certainly makes ISF calibration for those with too much money and too little to do.

I believe though (and I have not seen any evedence otherwise) that those who spent the money to have ISF done that they all felt spending the money was worth it, and also if they purchased a new TV they would do it again.

My wife did not want me to spend the money and thought I was nuts for wanting it done. However once Gregg worked his magic she was very happy and said it was money well spent. :)