Wow-My first real Dish Customer Service Problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cditty

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 22, 2006
Northeast Louisiana
Downgraded to Bronze-HD-Platinum the other day. NBATV is now gone. It is still listed as a Platinum HD channel on the website. Chat session yielded 'here is the residential agreement, we can take away channels'. To that I said that I understood, but you can't still advertise them. Then I got 'thank you for alerting us to the problem, we will correct that... Have I answered all of your questions?'

I emailed CEO. On this one, I will change my autopay bank card #, ask my bank for a new number cancel and they can sue me for that cancellation fee. Punk (deleted). I did send ceo a nice email and screen shots of the website and my chat session. All I want is that one advertised channel. I'm not trying to get credits, just my NBATV.

Am I wrong here? Maybe this is my punishment for defending Dish on the whole Cinemax thing in the other thread.

Someone please honestly tell me if I should just let this go.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude how long have you been on here? You do realize Platinum has been gone for a few months and it is part of the $10 dollar HD fee. In the past it was $10 platinum and $10 HD access fee which was a total of $20 bucks. Who's the(expletives deleted )now? YOU ARE!

Downgraded to Bronze-HD-Platinum the other day. NBATV is now gone. It is still listed as a Platinum HD channel on the website. Chat session yielded 'here is the residential agreement, we can take away channels'. To that I said that I understood, but you can't still advertise them. Then I got 'thank you for alerting us to the problem, we will correct that... Have I answered all of your questions?'

I emailed CEO. On this one, I will change my autopay bank card #, ask my bank for a new number cancel and they can sue me for that cancellation fee. Punk (deleted). I did send ceo a nice email and screen shots of the website and my chat session. All I want is that one advertised channel. I'm not trying to get credits, just my NBATV.

Am I wrong here? Maybe this is my punishment for defending Dish on the whole Cinemax thing in the other thread.

Someone please honestly tell me if I should just let this go.

:censored: Not nice!

I have had my share of programming issues and equipment issues with Dish over the years and I have always found being polite and professional, especially when dealing with CEO email has yielded a resolution I could live with.

I don't know if NBATV is supposed to be in your package or not but it is not unheard of for there to be a website error for programming.

You probably will wind up with an offer to go back to Silver with a programming credit for a year on the price difference if you play nice.

Canceling your credit card and your account will only get your account in collections eventually.

There is a lot of room for action between being walked all over and going postal on the first interaction over a problem.

Dude how long have you been on here? You do realize Platinum has been gone for a few months and it is part of the $10 dollar HD fee. In the past it was $10 platinum and $10 HD access fee which was a total of $20 bucks. Who's the (deleted) now? YOU ARE!

I've been here long enough to know I don't have to deal with a jackass like you. You do know that they changed the name of that package to HD+Platinum for $10, right?

My post was a vent and my email to ceo was super nice, I never get mean with anyone I want customer service from, but I was pissed enough to write a post here, where I thought people would listen to me, not attack, so in closing...(deleted)

Ok, enough. Since this can't seem to be civil, its done. Topic Closed. Nothing to see here people - move on. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)