Wussup with Weather Nation and Pursuit TV?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Skyscanner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 20, 2008
Sportsman's Paradise Northern Mi
I just got this OB S10 a couple of weeks ago, did a scan and couldn't get Q on 3736 B 14400 on 87W. A few days ago I thought I would try this tp again, got 75% and scanned in WN and Pursuit. Both seem to be good chans, but a couple of days ago they dropped off. Today I got them back again at 75%. I can't believe I would lose this tp after having it at 75% unless there is some tech difficulty or something. Is this customary for these chans? Is this tp only hot certain days? I don't have any other rx issues with the S10 so I don't think it's that, anybody know?
SS ><>

They come and go for me also in Wisconsin. Get good signal some nights, and nothing on other nights. Don't ever know if they are going to be there or not night after night.

I watch both here in Missouri - Weather more than Pursuit but I do watch both without problem. You can see the equipment below. At about 81 Q at the moment.

I am in SW Missouri and no problem here either....I did have to bump my dish a hair east though...other channels jump so much I must have been close enough to get them.
Now all are better.

That's really odd, assuming you're using the S9, the only substantial difference is the lnb. Maybe I need one with more gain.
SS ><>
Yes I am using the S9. Been watching Pursuit since the last post without problem. Still at Q 81. Some guy on Backland just got a nice hog with a bow. Hope you get it worked out so you can enjoy Pursuit.

Yes I am using the S9. Been watching Pursuit since the last post without problem. Still at Q 81. Some guy on Backland just got a nice hog with a bow. Hope you get it worked out so you can enjoy Pursuit.

Yah, I got hooked on all that bowhunting even the little bit I was able to watch. I like the WN channel because it doesn't have all the political manmade global warming stuff that "other" more well-known weather channel has. I see Yankee495 also is watching with no issues, even with a smaller dish. Looks like the common denominator is the DMX741. Gonna have to try it.
SS ><>

I lost the weather stuff a few weeks ago and can't seem to get it back and I have a 10 foot dish. :(
It would be really nice to have that now that hurricane season is happening right now. August and September are the scary months..

I lost the weather stuff a few weeks ago and can't seem to get it back and I have a 10 foot dish. :(
It would be really nice to have that now that hurricane season is happening right now. August and September are the scary months..

So true about August and September... We're already past the 'D' name, and its not August yet. Speaking of Don, what a disappointment. It was supposed to bring some needed rain where it came ashore, and in typical tropical storm character, it didn't help anyone :( ...

I found on sathint that the wx stuff has moved to a new frequency. Can't verify it right now as I'm recording Hawaii 5.0 and about to go rescue Mom and Pop from their lawnmower incident but I'll find out this evening..

Confirmed: rescan, the afore mentioned channels have moved to new frequencies. Plus new goodies have dropped in. One of them appears to be like Youtube on satellite. Or pretty close to it..

OK, I don't know how to interpret the results, but my friend PIXL lent me his DMX 741 lnb to try out. So I installed it and it made virtually no difference except for the WN and Pursuit tp. All the Q readings on 87W were virtually unchanged but now I get WN and Pursuit at 79-80% where I couldn't get them at all before. Not telling everyone to go out and buy one [I'm going to] if you want these 2 channels, just saying it made a BIG difference in getting these 2 channels in my case, but I have no idea why.
SS ><>

Not sure about 6ft, but I have a mesh 7.5ft and it is pretty picky on that satellite on C band S2 signals. But for me the further I go east of 95 I seem to get out of allignment real fast, so mine might be because the dish isnt peaked on it

OK, I don't know how to interpret the results, but my friend PIXL lent me his DMX 741 lnb to try out. So I installed it and it made virtually no difference except for the WN and Pursuit tp. All the Q readings on 87W were virtually unchanged but now I get WN and Pursuit at 79-80% where I couldn't get them at all before. Not telling everyone to go out and buy one [I'm going to] if you want these 2 channels, just saying it made a BIG difference in getting these 2 channels in my case, but I have no idea why.
SS ><>

My DMX741 made a big difference here too. They are touchy on adjustment. On mine one of the little wires was off just a hair in the throat. I just bent it a tad and it helped the other polarity. I had read to check them.

Nice of Pixel to let you test it...Good luck.

Can this Tp be received with a 6 footer? I have tried to get it with no positive results

Stanley, are you getting any other tps on 87W? I think it would be iffy at best on that tp/bird with a 6' even with the dmx741, though my 6' stationary receives 99W very strong with just a standard c/ku lnb. If you're getting other tps on that bird, maybe some tweeking would help.

SS ><>

Stanley, are you getting any other tps on 87W? I think it would be iffy at best on that tp/bird with a 6' even with the dmx741, though my 6' stationary receives 99W very strong with just a standard c/ku lnb. If you're getting other tps on that bird, maybe some tweeking would help.

SS ><>
I do get many of the tps that others get here on AMC3 including the RTV MUx at 4080.I will give it another shot today.
UPDATE!! Did a rescan of the weathernation and found it with some minor tweaking,Q of around 60 on my AZbox.Now i have all that others here get on AMC3 except the 3800 RTV Mux.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts