XBOX 360 order Update status_U.s. to get more xbox 360's on launch!!

JamesJ

AKA Stuart628
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 21, 2004
Akron (Cleveland), Oh
http://www.xbox360news.com/Blogs/News/hqs/blr_894.aspx

The last few weeks have been full of speculations regarding the launch, so here is the latest info floating around in cyberspace.

The latest reports coming in from retailers have some worrying info for gamers in the UK, while US gamers won’t have much to fear. The latest numbers suggest that UK will get a depressing 50 000 Xbox 360 units for launch day, and to put the 50,000 figure into context, Sony’s PSP recently sold around 185,000 units in the UK alone on its launch weekend.

The US is far better off and will get a whopping 1,098,200 units, 20% of those being cores, and with the majority of the shipment going to retailers Wal-Mart and Best Buy. To put the numbers into context again, Sony shipped 620,000 consoles to the US for its big PS2 launch in 2000.

These latest numbers are supposedly from an Xbox 360 sales forecast sent to all those who own Microsoft stocks. The booklet also says that Microsoft plans on selling 4 million 360's within the next 5 months, and that they plan on expanding there Xbox live user base to 14 million users by the end of the 360 lifespan.

This info was submitted by one of our forum members, but have also been reported today on oxm.co.uk (The Official Xbox Magazine). Microsoft has declined to confirm these numbers, with the usual “we don’t comment on rumors and speculations.”

you and me both, I have been trying to map everything out, but I went to the Uk site of the xbox magazine and they back this up, so we will see the 22nd I guess....I also like the fact that 80% of the xbox's are the premium! :)

I should let people know why Korsjs is nervous, it is because he is helping me obtain the XBOX360 we are going to give away for our holiday party. :)

I am not nervous as I know we will get one sooner or later which will make one SatelliteGuys member very happy. :)

I feel they will be in short supply unless you are Ebaying for one now. The boxes themselves are at the warehouses. If you look at the Ebay sellers now, all seem to have some special connection or as one pointed out HE is a Target store manager and he is getting 2. Same with a post by Bestbuy employee.
My feeling is if you did not do a pre-sale purchase, you will not see on untill Feb or Mar, unless you are willing to pay a premium.

not to be mean but I kinda disagree, I think there will be shortages 9at ebgames, target, toysrus etc...) but at best buy and walmart you will be fine, could be wrong! but I everythign I have read points towards best buy and walmart getting a ton of them!

stuart628 said:
not to be mean but I kinda disagree, I think there will be shortages 9at ebgames, target, toysrus etc...) but at best buy and walmart you will be fine, could be wrong! but I everythign I have read points towards best buy and walmart getting a ton of them!
9 days untill we find out. I took no chances and ordered one off Ebay.
518 delivered vs 427 at the store and waiting in line.. :D

my walmart is getting 100+ and I will be up there at 9 p.m. for a midnight release! I am pumped! good luck everyone I think this is going to be a great system!

stuart628 said:
my walmart is getting 100+ and I will be up there at 9 p.m. for a midnight release! I am pumped! good luck everyone I think this is going to be a great system!

How do you know how many they are getting? Know the store manager or something???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)