xbox 360 rental

carlosg

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 24, 2004
Can somebody tell me about a good place online to rent 360 games and if its worth it and does the games take long to come

I used Gamefly for the last 2 years or more, they're good. The closer to California you are, the happier you'll be, as that's their ONLY distribution plant for whatever reason.

The early speculation was that they were like netflix. Netflix expanded accordingly and now offers 1 day service to most of the country. Gamefly still only has 1 depot. Idiots. Even a 2nd one in NY would help tremendously, let alone one in the middle of the country somewhere...Memphis would cut down ship times to the east coast by at least a day...

They should get a distribution place on the east coast as well. Wal-Mart did have a movie rental service but I think they gave up. Seems like they are trying to keep their cost down.

Game Fly now has a new 12 hour return. Called Fast return.

It only works in cities big enough to have a US Mail bar code scanner system.

When you return the Game the US Postal Service Scans the bar code on the return envelope. Hours later Gamefly get the notice that the game is on its way.

Game fly then ships the next game on your list right away, they do not wait to actualy receive the returned game.

I did this just Friday, by the next day my next game was being shipped. I live no where near CA.

I think Net flix might use the same bar code system.

From CA to Nebraska I get the next game in about 48 hours. At the most 3 days.

Doesn't Blockbuster have game rentals????

EDIT: I spoke to soon, I went over to Blockbuster and they dont have sh*t over there for 360 games.

Last edited:
Gamefly DOES have the fast return system but they've been "testing" it for like a year now. You don't always get it. I've gotten it once since they announced it. My friend in NYC has gotten it a few times but certainly not every time. It's just a little f**king sticker they put on it and it's very prone to falling off. Mine was half-removed when it got here...

They're kinda clueless over there at gamefly...

thiggin2 said:
Doesn't Blockbuster have game rentals????

EDIT: I spoke to soon, I went over to Blockbuster and they dont have sh*t over there for 360 games.
Odd my BlockBuster has every 360 game released - all 10 or 12 of them:D
Of cousre they charge more than a regular game and you have to have them back 2 days earlier..Don't be past the you own it date either.

Kevinw said:
Odd my BlockBuster has every 360 game released - all 10 or 12 of them:D
Of cousre they charge more than a regular game and you have to have them back 2 days earlier..Don't be past the you own it date either.
I was talking about the Online service.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)