XBox 360 VGA to DVI-D ?

LOBO2999

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 1, 2004
Cumming, GA
Ok I know I need the VGA cables for the 360, but the back o f the Mitz tv 65732 has a hookup for a PC but its a DVI-I or DVI-D , I need to find a VGA to DVI-D adapter and I have look online but cant seem to find the right one because I am not sure of which one I need any help would be great. Also if anyone else who has this setup how does it look .

Ok I know I need the VGA cables for the 360, but the back o f the Mitz tv 65732 has a hookup for a PC but its a DVI-I or DVI-D , I need to find a VGA to DVI-D adapter and I have look online but cant seem to find the right one because I am not sure of which one I need any help would be great. Also if anyone else who has this setup how does it look .

You need this...
click me...

BEWARE. The colors look washed if you didn't read about it already. The picture also doesn't fill the whole screen.

Looks like it may be on back order. If you cant find one, I might have an extra one lying around somewhere or ill give you mine when I get my elite.

You need this...
click me...

BEWARE. The colors look washed if you didn't read about it already. The picture also doesn't fill the whole screen.

Looks like it may be on back order. If you cant find one, I might have an extra one lying around somewhere or ill give you mine when I get my elite.

I read with the spring update that the washed colors is suppose to be fix. But who knows

I read with the spring update that the washed colors is suppose to be fix. But who knows

If the washed colors are fixed then there still the issue that it doesnt take up the whole screen. It just bugs me playing a game and seeing 2 black bars on the side. Nice TV BTW. I have the 57732.

If the washed colors are fixed then there still the issue that it doesnt take up the whole screen. It just bugs me playing a game and seeing 2 black bars on the side. Nice TV BTW. I have the 57732.

That Tv has a great picture on it I sold a 65712 Diamond that Ihad for a few years and got the 65732 . Here is something I found about the VGA

VGA ports on many TVs assumes that a computer is driving it, as opposed to an A/V source. Unfortunately, the world of PC uses a different range of values for each color component than the more limited range used in video domain. So when we output the proper video signal, it gets treated like an anemic video signal with washed out quality. In the new software, you will be able to instruct the 360 to convert its signals to PC levels, and hence solve this issue.
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=10218826&highlight=Xbox+360#post10218826

Answering other questions, both Xbox 360 Elite and current Xbox 360 units will have a spring (console) update which adds support for different video levels for VGA output (“7.5 IRE vs 0”). And as someone mentioned, using this setting you should be able to use computer monitors in addition to TVs with resolutions all the way up to 1080p with high fidelity and no issues with HDCP handshaking. So for current users, I highly recommend trying this update with your VGA connection to see if it does the job for you. Note that this is a console update and will work for both games and of course, HD DVD. The HD DVD software update is separate from this (and will be available on both Xbox Live and xbox.com).

http://forum.teamxbox.com/showthread.php?t=516982&highlight=vga+spring+update

That Tv has a great picture on it I sold a 65712 Diamond that Ihad for a few years and got the 65732 . Here is something I found about the VGA

VGA ports on many TVs assumes that a computer is driving it, as opposed to an A/V source. Unfortunately, the world of PC uses a different range of values for each color component than the more limited range used in video domain. So when we output the proper video signal, it gets treated like an anemic video signal with washed out quality. In the new software, you will be able to instruct the 360 to convert its signals to PC levels, and hence solve this issue.
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=10218826&highlight=Xbox+360#post10218826

Answering other questions, both Xbox 360 Elite and current Xbox 360 units will have a spring (console) update which adds support for different video levels for VGA output (“7.5 IRE vs 0”). And as someone mentioned, using this setting you should be able to use computer monitors in addition to TVs with resolutions all the way up to 1080p with high fidelity and no issues with HDCP handshaking. So for current users, I highly recommend trying this update with your VGA connection to see if it does the job for you. Note that this is a console update and will work for both games and of course, HD DVD. The HD DVD software update is separate from this (and will be available on both Xbox Live and xbox.com).

http://forum.teamxbox.com/showthread.php?t=516982&highlight=vga+spring+update

I had my elite preordered from Circuit City the day they had it available. So either way hopefully the spring update solves all the problems. So the adapter is yours if you can't find one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)