Xbox live use in Hotel Rooms with High Speed Internet

Horsnuts

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 19, 2003
White House, TN.
Has anyone tried this? Any luck? I'm going to Memphis April 5th in support of my wife for a work function. I will be stuck with nothing to do for two days. Holiday Inn Express has high speed internet included in their rooms. I imagine it's just an ethernet port.

Every hotel Ive ever been in (and Ive been in a LOT of hotels) the first time you connect, you have to accept their agreement on a web page. From there on out, that port in the room is tied to the MAC address of the machine you connected with. I dont see how you could get past the initial web page from an Xbox.

You could possibly try a router...that way you could hook a computer up to it to accept the agreement and then it wouldnt matter what you hooked up to the router because the MAC wont change. Most routers will also allow you do spoof a MAC, so you could hook up the computer, log onto the web page, and then spoof the computers MAC on the router and teh hotels ISP is none the wiser.

I don't want to do all of that. I was hoping to just plug and play. I'll call the hotel and see what they can tell me. Thanks for the info!

Okay i'm here and no dice. It's wireless internet, and the t.v's Rca plugs are blocked. I can't do anything. This sucks. I'm soooo bored.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts