Xbox One supports up to eight controllers for multiplayer gaming

The thing is that couch co-op has all but disappeared with the popularity growth of online multiplayer. Many games don't even offer split screen gaming anymore. It's great that up to 8 controllers can be connected but I doubt we will see many games take advantage of it. The PS3 allows up to 7 controllers to be connected but I don't know of any games that use it.

What a useless feature...

I mean.. first off if you want 8 controllers you need to buy 7 more, which will run you at least $420 (7 X $60), which is more than the cost of a PS3 and 84% the cost of a One console. Also, what games would use this feature? You can't use it on an FPS because unless you have a 100+" television, split screen 8 ways will be like trying to watch on an old school portable television. Same with racing, and you probably couldn't use this on a 3rd person game either, whether it be action or just the wandering type. I suppose you could put it in a platforming game a'la Rayman or NSMB if you're a real masochist. The only thing I can picture where it would be somewhat practical would be sports games, where each gamer can take control of a player. I'd have to imagine that'd get rather boring and confusing really quickly. And finally, how would this work logistically in terms of players? I don't think the majority of gaming rooms/set ups are able to accommodate 8 different players.

I've played 5 player games on 360... Rock Band. The flexibility is nice though I don't see us using it. Surprised the PS4 is limited to 4, bet thats a Bluetooth thing.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

I've played 5 player games on 360... Rock Band. The flexibility is nice though I don't see us using it. Surprised the PS4 is limited to 4, bet thats a Bluetooth thing.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

I don't think it's strictly a bluetooth thing. Like I said earlier, the PS3 supports up to 7 controllers and they connect through bluetooth too. It might just be because games didn't take advantage of support for 7 controllers. Just about every game I know of maxes out at 4 or less and more and more are starting to only support online multiplayer.

I do agree that the flexibility of more controllers is nice but I will probably never own more than 2 and I could probably get by with one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)