xm giving away skyfi2 with carkit

jason21378

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 2, 2004
i am a xm dealer xm just sent me a link for free skyfi2 with carkit. they must be geting scared howard will be here soon i sell sirius and xm they are both good i think xm has better products but i think when sirius gets more subs they will get better products.

There is a link in the pub members Internet deal section for the same thing for all those Pub members out there.

who is giving this link out they are breaking the rules that is not fare i work hard to sell xm and people miss use the link who is giving the link out i want to know

jason21378 said:
who is giving this link out they are breaking the rules that is not fare i work hard to sell xm and people miss use the link who is giving the link out i want to know

So your an XM dealer who is trying to make a living and says Sirius is going to be the better product after stern comes. Dont visit any deal sites on the internet otherwise your going to have a really bad day.

Also what rules exactly are being broken. Here are the rules from the link.

# Direct purchases through this web site cannot be combined with any other promotions or offers.
# You are required to purchase three months of XM service when you purchase a radio through this promotion and to keep a minimum of six months continuous XM service. Failure to maintain an XM Consumer Plan or XM Family Plan monthly subscription for six months will result in a charge of $150 per XM2Go product and Polk home tuner ordered. A $60 charge will apply for all other radios, per radio ordered.
# Radios are shipped pre-activated. XM service billing automatically begins on the day your radio is shipped.
# The credit card number used to activate your XM service via this promotion will be added to your XM account for future billing. If you opt to activate your XM service via this promotion with an electronic check, your XM account will be set up with invoice billing.
# The terms of this offer shall supercede the terms of the Customer Agreement with respect to the cancellation of the XM service.
# Returns are not accepted. Exchanges are accepted for defective equipment only and within 30 days of hardware receipt. All sales are final.
# We ship orders within 2 business days. Ground shipped orders usually arrive within 6-8 days. Adult signature is required on all deliveries.
# Shipping Carrier will not deliver any packages to a P.O. Box. Please use a valid street address.
# This Website may not be used for commercial purposes.
# Only ONE(1) free Audiovox XCS9 bundle order per customer. All orders with more than ONE (1) Audiovox XCS9 in their order will be canceled. Only one order per customer permitted.

u took it the wrong way i sell both i sell over 100 xm units a month the rules are u are charging people to join the pub can i give people the link for free that is i want to do give the link for free.Welcome XM Friends and Family!

ACT NOW - LIMITED TIME OFFER that is what the flyersays friends and family sorrey if u took it the wrong way.

jason21378 said:
u took it the wrong way i sell both i sell over 100 xm units a month the rules are u are charging people to join the pub can i give people the link for free that is i want to do give the link for free.Welcome XM Friends and Family!

ACT NOW - LIMITED TIME OFFER that is what the flyersays friends and family sorrey if u took it the wrong way.

Ah ok. I don't think they are charging for that link it just happened to get posted in the Pub members area. Although I don't know if it will get moved if you post it out here or not as I'm not a Mod.

Sorry for the misunderstanding and Welcome to Satellite Guys.

Jason, the entire point of the link is to get people to sign up for XM service which makes the company money (they make nothing off of the equipment)

There is nothing wrong with the link as is advertising XM and is getting people signed up for the service. XM has sent us "friends and family" links in the past to sell radio (and more importantly XM service) If you have a problem with the link then please have Chance Patterson contact me directly, he has my direct number.

I do agree though, the special offer should be made available to all. The more people listening to XM the better. :) I have 5 radios myself. :D

no problem here thanks for the info if any 1 wants xm stuff i will help out this site

I went to the site and it is a great deal! My question is does this deal include all the items shown or only the Audiovox! Also can I still take this in an have a pro install it for me? Also it states that I have to prepay for 3 months but must have 6 months continuous service. Not sure what that means. Pay for 3 months or 6 months? Thanks

i just ordered the boombox bundle. i had to pay 29 dollars for the unit plus 3 months service, tax and shipping. grand total was $78.09. you pay for 3 months but must agree to keep the service for, at least, 6 months. otherwise, there is a charge, like an early termination fee. hope that helps!!

shodobe said:
I went to the site and it is a great deal! My question is does this deal include all the items shown or only the Audiovox! Also can I still take this in an have a pro install it for me? Also it states that I have to prepay for 3 months but must have 6 months continuous service. Not sure what that means. Pay for 3 months or 6 months? Thanks

The deal is which ever one you order. If you order the skyfi2 car kit. You get the Skyfi2 and the carkit. If you order the audiovox you get the audiovox and the carkit. When you order you have to prepay for 3 months of service. However you have to keep the radio active for 6 months total before you can cancel. If you keep the radio 5 months then cancel you have to pay a penalty depending on which bundle you buy.

As far as getting it installed. Call around and see if there are any shops that will install equipment you supply. Some will some will not.

which xm system should I get?

I have an xm ready sony car stereo in my truck. I would also like to be able to receive xm service in my other car and in my home. Which one of the friends and family xm systems should I purchase? I'm confused as to which one will be the best fit for me. I enjoy the site. Thanks for your advice.

theslag said:
can i get one of these and add it to my family plan??

You can after the first 3 months. You have to prepay the 3 months at $12.99 then you can move it to the family plan but even with doing that the radios are a lot cheaper then buying retail.

yes,i agree that xm is starting to get scared about loosing subs to sirius because of the howard stern factor.howard has a huge following,especially in the north east.also howard has hired bubba the love sponge which has a big following in the south,this combination should prove to be powerful for adding subs for sirius.i have alot of customers asking about sirius because of thier NFL offering,not to mention that sirius will be getting NASCAR in 2007,XM must be shaking in their boots about that because nascar has die hard fans.
sirius has a new line of radio's which should compete well with XM.i hate to say it but XM has a lot to worry about over the next year or so,but only time will tell.

I just went ahead and ordered the SkyFi2 because for the price I couldn't think of any reason not to. I'll just go to a Circuit City and have it installed. XM will continue to outpace Sirius by far, Stern or not. One individual like him shouldn't make a defference in subs. People want more than just some guy talking nonsense.

i hate to disagree,but i think the days of XM outpacing sirius is coming to an end.the main reason i would select sirius is because of sound quality,and signal quality.and if your a football fan or nascar fan sirius would be the best choice.