XM PCR & 50 Foot extensionCable

PhuckNut

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 20, 2004
I recently purchased a Terk 50 Foot antenna extension cable and it says it has an amplifier in it.

Well - I had to open it up and understand how this amplifier works without external power being placed on to it...

CRW_8574.Terk.XM50FT.Extension-web-.jpg

I was figuring that it possibly could be using the signal it receives from the air (it is GHz frequency) but this seems so impossible as someone else stated from another forum there are devices in this thing rated at 16v.

Just wanted to know if I am supposed to use this thing with a power injector OR does it just work "magically" ???

So far its connected and it has allowed me to place the antenna to another part of the house that has the proper exposure to receive signals (and the XM PCR and so on works great) - but I am skeptical of this "amplifier"

I had googled it - and - the only thing that comes close is antennas for GPS receivers that claim to have amplification.

Please let me know your thoughts.

I dunno where its getting the power to the amplifier... its weird. I was posting it hoping that maybe someone knew... Terk has been less than helpful.

Its working great - 50 foot of cable from one side of the house to the other and its incredible - 77% on 1 sat and 10% on the other is not too bad in my eyes..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts