XM radio connections

spiderlegs

Original poster
Oct 7, 2010
southern rural
Have a problem with the power connection on my Roady2 XM radio. When the cord is moved or the car hits a big bump the radio turns off; sometimes the plug needs to be pulled out and put back in and/or rotated or jiggled around to get it to connect again. Has the same problem with the home kit. Believe there is a break somewhere inside the radio. Is it possible to repair? If so, how? Would like to open and try, but radio does still work, so... Thanks for any help at all. Only help from XM is to replace it and they don't have those types of radios anymore.

there is a plastic tip on the end of the power plug. Mine broke off in the radio itself. but if all broke off and it broke off cleanly. May only part of yours broke off and it is stuck inside. All I did was trim my home power cord to match my car power cord and i have been using it this way for four years. hope this helps.

Have a problem with the power connection on my Roady2 XM radio. When the cord is moved or the car hits a big bump the radio turns off; sometimes the plug needs to be pulled out and put back in and/or rotated or jiggled around to get it to connect again. Has the same problem with the home kit. Believe there is a break somewhere inside the radio. Is it possible to repair? If so, how? Would like to open and try, but radio does still work, so... Thanks for any help at all. Only help from XM is to replace it and they don't have those types of radios anymore.

Try Ebay or Craigslist

there is a plastic tip on the end of the power plug. Mine broke off in the radio itself. but if all broke off and it broke off cleanly. May only part of yours broke off and it is stuck inside. All I did was trim my home power cord to match my car power cord and i have been using it this way for four years. hope this helps.

Thanks, bigboofire, I think I have a similar problem. When you say you trimmed your home power cord to match your car power cord, do you mean that you removed (pryed off) the plastic tip from your home power cord, and that worked?
I'm having trouble finding a similar shorter-shaft power plug like the one on the end of my car power cord. The home power plug is longer than the plug on the car power cord.

Thanks, bigboofire, I think I have a similar problem. When you say you trimmed your home power cord to match your car power cord, do you mean that you removed (pryed off) the plastic tip from your home power cord, and that worked?
I'm having trouble finding a similar shorter-shaft power plug like the one on the end of my car power cord. The home power plug is longer than the plug on the car power cord.

Nevermind. I used a sharp new razor blade to cut the plastic tip off the end of the plug on my home power cord. It fit into the jack perfectly and powered up the radio just fine.
Thanks for your post, problem solved.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts