Yamaha receiver codes?

shellbmb

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 1, 2003
Does anyone know if Dish's remote will work a Yamaha brand A/V receiver? The manual does not list any codes and my manual search did not work. Any suggestions?

2-6-6-3 gives me control of my receiver's volume and mute functions. I dopn't know of any other codes giving more control.

My receiver is a Yamaha RX-V800

gpflepsen said:
2-6-6-3 gives me control of my receiver's volume and mute functions. I dopn't know of any other codes giving more control.

Thank you. Works great now!

Still works

Gotta love the search function.

Went to Dish website all the 3 digit codes didn't work. Thanks Dish. :mad:

The 2663 code worked great (RX-V1800), even after all the years since this thread was started. Thanks. :D

Just to make this clear, when you are addressing the remote to use the AUX mode to control a surround sound there are additional steps. You have to add a number before the equipment code and then set-up AUX Volume override so when you select the volume on the remote it works the amplifier and not the TV:

Programming AUX function on remote:
Press and hold down the AUX button on the top right side of the remote until all the other buttons on top light up and then let go.

If you are programming a code into AUX Mode, you must do the following before entering the device code:
Press 0 for a TV (if TV code is 500, enter 0500)
Press 1 for a VCR/DVD (if DVD code is 617, enter 1617)
Press 2 for any other device (if device code is 639, enter 2639)

Then enter the 3 digit device code found here.

Press the Pound (#) button under the number 9.

AUX Volume Override:

Then you will need to place the remote in Aux Volume override which will have the remote change the volume on the surround sound and not the TV.

1. Press and hold the AUX mode button. To disable AUX Volume, press and hold the TV mode button. All the buttons on top will light up.

2. Press the pound (#) under the number 9.

3. Press the Volume UP button.

4. Press 0 (Zero)

5. Press Pound #.

It might help if you list the model of your Yamaha receiver. Most manufacturers stays to the same inferred code.
I have two yamahas, and they both respond with 176, but my dish was just installed two days ago.
I also have thre Samsung receivers and they are years apart, yet they all work with the same controller.
For the Yamaha receivers I have to use 2176 on aux and change volume with sux selected in the remote menu.

I should have mentioned that the volume works, it will not power on and only power off.
At this point since it's a new install I will have to look into the best way to tiger the unit to power on from another device over the HDMI communication. It took some tinkering before to get direct TV remote to work this way and dish seems to have the HDMI cominication working better then direct TV.
I'll update if I figure out how it works for me.

Ok, I had some time to play tonight.
Equptment is as follows
Hopper 3
Samsung UN55D8000Y
Yamaha RX-V671
Remotes tested are 50.0 (voice remote) and the 52.0 (default hoooer 3 remote)

Setting on the Hopper 3:
NOTE: All codes used were found by searching for the device name in the Hopper 3 GUI Wizard then Search For Device.
1. Paired with TV using code 2051
2. Paired Aux to Yamaha receiver using Code 3433
(GUI process to find the Yamaha. I used audio receiver, then pairing wizard, select Yamaha, select search for device, enter device without hyphen. (for mine I entered RXV671)
3. Volume & Mute buttons can be either "Control TV" or Control Aux" Devices Volume
Under advance HDMI-CEC ON
NOTE: Control TV works for me because my TV supports HDMI-CEC and the TV will tell the Yamaha receiver to change the volume, but Control Aux also works for me. This will depend on your setup.

Setting on TV
Menu - System - Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC)
Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) - ON
Auto Turn Off - Yes

Setting on Yamaha
Setup - HDMI
HDMI Control ON

Turning on equipment:
Now when I turn in the Hopper 3, this sends a signal over HDMI to turn on my TV
Then I select the Aux side button on the remote and press the hopper power again, this turns on the Yamaha Receiver (don't forget to change you remote back to Sat mode on the side button)

Turning off equipment:
And when I turn off the Hopper 3, it just turns off the Hopper 3.
Then when I press the TV power button it turned off the TV, The TV then sends a signal to the Yamah receiver to turn off the Yamaha receiver.

I hope this helps someone,
Scott

I have tried everything and all the codes (I have not tried the learning mode yet) don't work. I just got the Yamaha RX-A780 and if I press the aux button on the remote I can operate the receiver but a moving banner comes up that says I must press the sat button in order to control the dish receiver. When I do that I can indeed control the dish receiver but not the Yamaha. So the right code is in there somehow but it controls the receiver independently from the Joey. How do I get them to work together so I don't have to go back and forth between the aux button and the sat button?

I have tried everything and all the codes (I have not tried the learning mode yet) don't work. I just got the Yamaha RX-A780 and if I press the aux button on the remote I can operate the receiver but a moving banner comes up that says I must press the sat button in order to control the dish receiver. When I do that I can indeed control the dish receiver but not the Yamaha. So the right code is in there somehow but it controls the receiver independently from the Joey. How do I get them to work together so I don't have to go back and forth between the aux button and the sat button?
Go into MENU then SETTINGS then REMOTE CONTROL then where it says Volume and mute make sure it is set to control AUXILIARY DEVICE
Also you can turn off that banner about the mode.

Well, I just spoke to someone at Dish via chat. They said some receivers are controlled only when the aux button is pushed and the dish box will operate only when the sat button is enabled. She said some receivers can not do both. This is a brand new Yamaha Rx-a780 and it is listed in the models on the dish set up for remote page so I would have thought it could be programmed. As it is, I now must push the aux button to control the Yamaha and then hit the sat button to control the dish. Can't do both on just the sat setting.

That's strange...I have a Yamaha RX-A750 and have never run into anything like that with mine. That is at my Hopper 3 location though, so I guess perhaps some strange limitation with the Joey somehow. Which Dish remote are you using?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts