Yambeka vs Fluance

GoDucks

Original poster
Nov 3, 2008
Hey Sat guys. First post here. Looking into a budget speaker system for now that will later be moved to the kids game room when I can afford what I really want. Or who knows might just be happy with this purchace. Debating on the Yambeka 5.1 or the Fluance 5.1. I find alot more reviews on the Fluance and I know this is a Yambeka site for the most part. I just cant find anything to compare the 2. Would like some honest opinions between the 2. would be great if sombody would do a review between the two, guess there just isnt the curiosity for us budget folks for that to happen? Seems like what forum you are on makes a big diff on what people like. Theater shack likes this AVS likes this etc etc. Not looking to spend lots of money now, just something to get buy that sounds better than a HTIB. Almost bought the Onkyo HTIB but decided to wait. Someday later I hope to have a Paradigm set up, but thats way down the road, after I buy a house. Thanks again!

r/
Confused??

If I had to bet money; and I have said this before, I would bet that the Yambeka & Fluance (and likely a few others) are actually one in the same; a grouping of mass-produced audio items from one real no-name company that resellers buy and then attach their own name, pamphlets, website, etc (regardless of the backstory each "company" provides). That said; what can it hurt to try them out; many user love their sound for the money paid.

That actually makes since lol. Just looking for something to get me by, It will end up in the garage later anyway as soon as I can talk the WAF into some monitor 9's or something of that nature. hell for 250 bucks dont really have much to loose I guess. just trying to decide which ones.

If you mean the Paradigm Monitor 9s, I have a system built around those! I actually preferred the 9s to the 11s as the former were "brighter". I have a full 7.1 configuration with 4 Titans in the surrounds, the 12" sub, and middle-grade center. Worked my way through a couple of cheaper systems to that level and think I'll stay put for the foreseeable future. The earlier systems all have "homes" in various other rooms, tho' not used often. Even a cheap investment is hard to give up completely once you're comfortable with it, and you never regret the investment even if you know something better is over the horizon...

Yes the Paradigm monitor 9's and probally atoms for the rears and an SVS sub will be my system. But for now just want something to get me buy and later move. so the Fluance and Yambeka seem like good choices, either that or an onkyo HTIB like the 6100.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts