Yankees fan here!! How often can I move?

MemoriesofMojo

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 23, 2007
I know that DISH doesn't carry (and probably won't anytime soon) the YES Network but I'm a pretty big Yankees fan and think I have too much invested to go over to D*. Plus, I never get live reception through MLB.TV. The only other thing I can think of is to follow the Yankees schedule and then move into the home market of the team they are playing against when they come up on the schedule.

How often can someone "move" without being caught or ruining it for everyone?

Many of the rSNS are CONUs though and I think that si what he is looking for not local broadcast Tv.

Geronimo- You're right. I'm not looking for broadcast television (I have Atlanta and San Francisco and I'm not worried about my own locals because I don't subscribe to them). I'm simply looking for the RSNs (and I thought they were all CONUS). Let me ask this: If I move to the New York area (or somewhere within the Yankees blackout area) and subscribe to the Multi-Sports package would I then see them on the other network?

For example: I know DISH doesn't have YES. But if the Yankees are playing the Indians at Yankee Stadium and I have the Multi-Sport pack, can I watch the game on the network of the Indians?

I have never put this to the test but I have the Multi-Sport pack but live in the Tigers territory. I just always watched the game on FSN Detroit but am curious if when they were playing say, the Twins or Indians, if it would have been blacked out or not on their networks?

If you move that often, you'll get busted pretty quick. Not worth the risk really.

You'd be better moving to DirectTv if you really need to see the games.

You'd be blacked out on every MultiSport channel for Pro Sports except what you're entitled to in the Detroit area.

My girlfriend, from Toronto, used to move to different networks about once a month just to catch a big game for the Blue Jays. Of course, we finally just landed in Mobile, Alabama (Braves, Rays, and Marlins (and now I'm hearing the Reds can be seen in that territory) because we knew the Rays would play then 19 times a year. Then, ultimately, we wound up in Charlotte (Braves, Orioles, Nationals, and Reds) because I was excited about the Nationals, wanted to keep access to my home Braves, and knew we'd catch 19 games a year with the Yankees, Rays, Red Sox, and Blue Jays on MASN. It worked really well. However, if she moved to Detroit or Oakland or somewhere to get the RSN so we could see the Jays, we never had any problem.

I am now a subscriber to Multi-Sports package but, you know, I'm not certain about your question. If the Hurricanes are playing the Blue Jackets, you'd think I'd have access to the game on either network, but, just out of habit, I only check the Hurricanes home network.

Anyways, I only caught a few Reds games on the alternate sports network and was told I'd need the Multi-Sport package to get most of the games. I've also been told I can catch a few innings every now and then when somebody goes into extra innings, etc. It's worked somewhat on NBA and NHL but I'm afraid, for the most part, the games stay within the blackout period.

As for moving, though, I probably wouldn't do it EVERY time they played a different team (as that's a lot of moving). On the flip side, though, I really wonder how much they care. As long as the bill is paid, I'm sort of willing to bet they don't. ALSO KEEP IN MIND: You can order WWOR for just $1.50 and they show around 20 games a year.

Cade

I know that DISH doesn't carry (and probably won't anytime soon) the YES Network but I'm a pretty big Yankees fan and think I have too much invested to go over to D*. Plus, I never get live reception through MLB.TV. The only other thing I can think of is to follow the Yankees schedule and then move into the home market of the team they are playing against when they come up on the schedule.

How often can someone "move" without being caught or ruining it for everyone?

Why not get an address so you can get Yankees on MLB.tv and use that.

Yeah, but he indicates a problem with MLB.TV. I'm not sure what the problem is, but I know that I could never get live games to work (and I tried it on both Internet Explorer and Firefox). Archived games or the audio feeds were no problem, though.

The best thing I can think of is either three things:

Do as I suggested and "move" into a market where he will get the Regional Sports Network for one of the AL East Rivals (Tampa Bay, Baltimore, Boston -- I know, but Toronto is not available) where he will get, from what I can figure, 19 games against the Yankees. He can then order WWOR where he will get around 15 - 20 games (if my own memory serves me correctly). If he figures the move correctly (by looking at the blackout map), he can put himself somewhere where there is more than one team and he might see more games than that.

Second, there was a guy on here a few days ago (from somewhere in Iowa) that indicated he would be getting several RSNs as part of his basic package that put him into the markets of six teams (three American League teams and three national league teams). Do that and you'll see the three American League teams play them several times (and maybe even some Interleague play) and, along with WWOR, you'll get more than a few games that way. (I'd love to take the Iowa option, but then I lose SportSouth -- so, yeah, go figure... :rolleyes:

And third, you could move over to DirecTV where you'll have access to the Extra Innings package. I know this isn't what you prefer, though, based off of your original post.

Cade