Yet another upgrade question.

tawhite

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 24, 2005
The Sunshine State
OK, I have the AEP package, HD pack and Voom. I currently have a 942 as well as three SD receivers. I am considering leasing a 622 and possibly keeping the 942 for the living room. Wife likes it better than her 510. Now, the question is if I upgrade to the HD platinum package will I still receive the same HD content on the 942?

811 plus 510 upgrade to 622?

I am also looking to upgrade to the 622 lease. Currently, I have a 510 and an 811 running into 1 HDTV; the new 622 would take care of both of those. Shouldn't I get some sort of discount for trading in two receivers (like the April 1st deal $200 rebate)? I just think $299 is a little steep for me right now. What do you guys think? Will there be another trade-up deal or a good sale in the near future or should I just give in and get it now?

Thanks.
First time poster! yea!

WiththeJoneses said:
I am also looking to upgrade to the 622 lease. ... Shouldn't I get some sort of discount for trading in two receivers (like the April 1st deal $200 rebate)?

First - Welcome! I'm still fairly new here myself. If you're active, your posts will add-up quickly! Kinda like an addiction...

E* will always give a $25 "trade-in" (recycling?) credit for subscriber-owned equipment that is sent back. Ask for it and they'll send you a box to return the unit. Probably better to try to unload it elsewhere if it has more value - eBay ??

WiththeJoneses said:
Will there be another trade-up deal or a good sale in the near future or should I just give in and get it now?

It's always a crap shoot. I'm holding out on my 622 upgrade betting on just that. The demand is still high and we'll see another surge after 4-1 for all those holding out with their 921s/942s. I assume supply will catch-up with demand in a couple of months, then anything can happen. It's to E*'s advantage to upgrade subs to the new MEPG-4 equipment, so they'll certainly try to motivate them in that direction. I was talking to an installer last week who alluded to additional promotions "in a few months". I'm not sure if he knows something us folks on the street don't, or whether he's basing that on E*'s past practice, but the whole market and competitive situation are in great flux at this time, so it's increasingly more difficult to speculate...!

Just my 2-cents worth (I'll kick-in about a buck a month at my current rate...!)

bhelms said:
E* will always give a $25 "trade-in" (recycling?) credit for subscriber-owned equipment that is sent back. Ask for it and they'll send you a box to return the unit. Probably better to try to unload it elsewhere if it has more value - eBay ??

Cool! Thanks for the info and the quick reply. I'm pretty sure that the 811 and 510 are under lease as well, so wouldn't I have to send them back to E*?

If you lease them and do not need them for any other location you should send them both back or they will continue to charge you a fee for them.

Yes the 622 will handle both your needs and will also send an SD signal too a second tv if you need.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)