Yet Another Upgrade Question

sullivbt

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 8, 2004
OK, I've prowled the other threads and looked on the DISH site fo rinformation, and I this is what I've come up with. If anybody can confirm my math here that would be great :):

Currently: 510 (Owned), Top 120 + Locals + DVR Fee = $50.97/month

"Upgrade" to DVRAdvantage: 510 (Owned), Top 200 + Locals = $49.99/month

Net savings of $0.98/month!?!:( Doesn't really seem worth it to have to commit for another 18 months (right now, my contract is expired) AND commit to CC Autopay (right now I get a monthly bill). So, this option, not so good.

So, let's try this - I want the HD reciever and I want to add the HD pack, so I think this is what I end up with:

Upgrade to 622: 622 (Leased), Top 200 + Locals + DVR Fee + Lease Fee = $149 Upfront ( -$50 rebate) + $79.97/month (-$10.00/month for the first 10 months)

Hmmm, this seems much more reasonable. Does everybody think my numbers sound about right here?

I'm not sure where you're getting your numbers from. First, if you stay with the 510 that you have now, your price will still change to $53.97 / month. By switching to DVR Advantage you are saving $3.98 per month. The price is increasing for everyone who has America's Top 200 (120), not just for new customers. I'm not sure if that requires signing a new contract or if you can just switch to auto-pay to sign up for DVR Advantage. Dish hasn't made that too clear yet.

If you upgrade to a 622 with the AT200 + HD + locals you should go the DVR Advantage route. Your price will be $69.99 / month then (- $10.00 per month for 10 months). There's no lease fee if you have only one receiver (the 622).

I'm not sure where you're getting your numbers from. First, if you stay with the 510 that you have now, your price will still change to $53.97 / month. By switching to DVR Advantage you are saving $3.98 per month. The price is increasing for everyone who has America's Top 200 (120), not just for new customers. I'm not sure if that requires signing a new contract or if you can just switch to auto-pay to sign up for DVR Advantage. Dish hasn't made that too clear yet.

Actually, does the 501/508/510 even qualify for DVR Advantage?

tstray;

Yeah, you're right about the price increase - I forgot to factor that in:)

But, I think you're wrong about the lease fee - I was under the impression that the lease fee had to be paid on all dual tuner boxes.

But, I think you're wrong about the lease fee - I was under the impression that the lease fee had to be paid on all dual tuner boxes.

Not to my knowledge. Unless you're talking about the "programming access fee" which you have to pay if there is no telephone connection present for a dual tuner box. The lease fee is always paid on the second and each additional receiver. For standard receivers it is $5 per month, and for HD receivers it is $6 per month. That is regardless of whether the additional receivers or single or dual tuners.

I just switched to DVR Advantage today from the AT 200 pack and I did not have to do CC autopay?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)