You Can Help! Add 3ABN to Dish

greggor48

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 12, 2006
You Can Help! Once-in-a-lifetime opportunity

3ABN has what might be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to reach approximately 30,000,000 souls with the Gospel by getting Dish Network to add us to their channel lineup. But we can’t do it without your help. We need you to enlist the help of your Church as well as friends, family and the local community in a letter writing campaign requesting Dish Network to carry 3ABN on their basic package. You may address your letters and postcards to:

Mr. Eric Sahl
Senior VP Programming
Dish Network
9601 S. Meridian
Englewood, CO 80112

Thank you for your help in this tremendous evangelistic opportunity!!

Nope, Way too much religious programming already.

I suggest if people need god they go to church rather than flip through a remote control and then send their hard earned dollars to some hooligan telling people that they can pay their way to heaven.

Lets request another shop at home channel....

Last edited:
greggor48 said:
You Can Help! Once-in-a-lifetime opportunity

3ABN has what might be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to reach approximately 30,000,000 souls with the Gospel by getting Dish Network to add us to their channel lineup. But we can’t do it without your help. We need you to enlist the help of your Church as well as friends, family and the local community in a letter writing campaign requesting Dish Network to carry 3ABN on their basic package. You may address your letters and postcards to:

Mr. Eric Sahl
Senior VP Programming
Dish Network
9601 S. Meridian
Englewood, CO 80112

Thank you for your help in this tremendous evangelistic opportunity!!
Dish's agreements with Sky Angel will probably prohibit them from even considering carrying this.

When did dish get 30million subs? I wil send a request they add it and put all religious programming on the same TP along with all shopping. Cram those 20 or so channels on one TP and open up another TP for more HD! WHOOOOO! laff.

It is amazing how many people are hostile to religious things. I never watched 3ABN much on SkyAngel, so I don't really care here, but it is sad, though I suppose I shouldn't be surprised, how many people actively work against such.

And many are probably the same ones who would fight "censorship" in many areas.

I tend to wish Dish would work a deal out to make the current SkyAngel a part of the Dish Network itself. (And I am a lifetime SkyAngel sub.) It would certainly help the coverage of the channels. I do wonder where the Dish-SkyAngel agreement currently stands.

Brad

andrews777 said:
It is amazing how many people are hostile to religious things.

Brad

I have not seen any hositlty on this tread against religion. Some of us are hostile about religion being crammed down our throats.

lets not turn this into a political/religious thread folks :)

Unfortunatelly, any channel that wants to be added you have different views. Some good, some bad.

Some people don't want any more sports channels
Some don't want any more movie channels
Some complain when any SD channel gets added because they want HD

Every pay channel is a niche channel and some people are going to complain that they don't want anymore of "those" channels, whatever they are

Pretty simple...you don't want to see a type of channel...use the channel blocks. Most newer recevers you can hide the locked channels so you don't even see them in the guide. :)

I'm pritty sure that this channel wont get added due to the contractual agreements that dish and SA has. At one point SA sued dish and dish was required to take all the religous programming off. Thus, there is none today with the exception of a few channels. :)

I'm not at all surprised that there would be a wide range of reactions on this thread. Look at how passionate everybody gets if somebody mentions that E* should add MHD. So many people think it would be a waste of bandwidth, while others think it would be a boon.

I would expect people's reaction to a religious channel (or any other niche channel for that matter) would be equally divisive.

goaliebob99 said:
I'm pritty sure that this channel wont get added due to the contractual agreements that dish and SA has. At one point SA sued dish and dish was required to take all the religous programming off. Thus, there is none today with the exception of a few channels. :)

Bob
Dish added Daystar a while back in place of the local affilaites

I'm wondering how the fact that part of the TP SkyAngel is using is dead wil play into this.

Dish should just swap a TP on E3 for SA. SA can add those channels back and Dish doesn't need to add it for everyone.

The problem with religious programming is that it is like ice cream. It just comes in too many flavors.

Personally I am a strawberry man, and I wouldn't want to have chocolate made available, because I would never eat it. It is a waste of time. However give me strawberry, and I am great!

Religion is far too specific. Even within Christianity there are huge differences between different groups, Catholic, Evangelical, Protestant, etc. So any religious programming is automatically going to have a limit on the number of people watching, although that is the same with sports etc.

Personally I would rather not see this channel added, not because I am not a Christian, I am, but this is just the wrong flavor of Christianity for me, and I simply would not watch it, which makes it a waste of transponder space for me.

Good luck though! :)

I saw this thread and thought the same thing as Iceberg.

The only counter I can say is, if DISH ever added LOGO, this would be the counter channel to it.