You heard it here first...MS VISTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

gizzer777

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 15, 2005
none
As I had reported in a previous thread, MS VISTA is about the buggiest POS I had tested yet.

Announcement today from MS...

Vista is delayed until 2007! Wonder Why!

Maybe they want to boat it some more!!!:D

More crapware from the guys in Redmond!

Please Linux....get it ready for the masses!
Jeff

gizzer777 said:
As I had reported in a previous thread, MS VISTA is about the buggiest POS I had tested yet.

Announcement today from MS...

Vista is delayed until 2007! Wonder Why!

Maybe they want to boat it some more!!!:D

More crapware from the guys in Redmond!

Please Linux....get it ready for the masses!
Jeff

I remember when it was going to be released "Summer of 2006"! I am a Network Engineer, and work for a solutions service company. A couple of guys have it running at our shop already with the latest beta. I refuse to even look at it. I will wait until they release it and I am forced to work with the garbage!

Is there any mention or have you seen anything related to the High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP) in the MS Vista beta? The articles I've read (while vague) imply we are not going to be able to run Vista on legacy hardware and only on new PCs and new monitors.

joedekock said:
I remember when it was going to be released "Summer of 2006"! I am a Network Engineer, and work for a solutions service company. A couple of guys have it running at our shop already with the latest beta. I refuse to even look at it. I will wait until they release it and I am forced to work with the garbage!

Is it that you just hate Microsoft? It is not a perfect product, very few are. But windows has run stable for me for 15 years. Guess I just look at things from a more positive point of view.

Heard that too

WildeComputers said:
Is there any mention or have you seen anything related to the High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP) in the MS Vista beta? The articles I've read (while vague) imply we are not going to be able to run Vista on legacy hardware and only on new PCs and new monitors.

Not so in the beta (but then and again...it really cashes constantly):D

I would not put anything past these guys but doing that would shoot them in the foot replacement wise and IMHO slow the sales of new machines (people upgrading) I still have a bunch of clients with W98se at home and W2000 in the office!

Personally, the only new offerings I receive go on a spare (junko) hard disk and are never installed even with my primary disk connected!

"...But windows has run stable for me for 15 years...."

:haha :haha :haha :haha :haha

I haven't heard such a good one in a LONG time!
Or perhaps you meant horse stable?

Eric Goempel said:
Is it that you just hate Microsoft? It is not a perfect product, very few are. But windows has run stable for me for 15 years. Guess I just look at things from a more positive point of view.
"A more positive point of view". That's a good one. Oh. You were serious?

Been running it since 3.1. Never had what I would call enough of a problem to make me want to switch to another. But I have always ran lots of RAM in my puters so That may be the key. running 3 GB PC2 DDR2 3700 RAM with media center on this PC and 2GB PC 133 MHZ!! RAM on another machine running XP PRO.

The report I read said certain large volume license customers would still get it in November. It also said it could be in some PC's for the Holiday season. SO does this mean that the large volume licenses are companie like Dell, HP, Gateway/e-Machines etc?

And they are just not going to release the boxed version until January.:confused:

The announce we saw was that the dell's etc wont be getting it for distribution because they dont want it just before the holiday season,
The people who will be getting it, i suspect, are the big corps who have "enterprise" deals and large IT groups to manage the role out. Probably so they can test it/certify more before it goes to the masses in these companies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)