Your Number of Authorized Services (622)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

voyagerbob

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 5, 2003
I see that you can view the number of services you have authorized on your 622. I was curious as to what number people have show up.

To view hit Menu > 6 > 2 then hit Counters and look at number 11.

I believe mine was 631. On the Dish Web Portal site it shows 831. I wonder what is "normal" or the average.

Thanks

Voyagerbob

probably also depends on how many satellites you are looking at. I bet it is the number of channels you can get based on the satellites you are looking at and your subscriptions.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Mine shows 701

I don't think that this has anything to do with what we subscribe to. Scott obviously subscribes to a lot more stuff than I do, yet I have a higher number than he does.

I have 728, and I only subscribe to the legacy HD Pack + Voom, and locals. I don't subscribe to any SD programming, or pseudo MPEG-4 new HD Pack stuff.

Maybe each number is a code such as the 7 is one tier of service, 2 another tier of service, and 8 another tier of service. Maybe 72 is a tier and 8 is another tier.

If that is the case, then why would Scott and I be in the same tier? We are not!

Look at the other menu items. It is counting all sorts of things that are system related.

Why can't these "services" be related to the system internal to the machine?

For instance, the number might change if they have the phone line plugged in or not plugged in. Does someone want to try that? Plug in the phone line and make sure it passes the connection test so the system knows it is there. Look at the number. Then, cisconnect the phone line, and make sure it fails the connection test so that the system knows it isn't there anymore. Then compare the numbers listed in this services counter.

Coming at this from a different angle, this could be the count of service programs currently executing. Just thinking outside the box.

So maybe we can figure out if they are going to end up charging us extra for an additional outlet fee or not. I know that mine says "in order to avoid the $4.99 additional outlet fee plug your phone line in" message but it brings the caller ID up and phone tests run good. I wonder what is up with that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)