Your pick for the official lamest olympic event so far

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unthinkable

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
Was flipping through the olympic coverage tonight and stumbled onto an "event" which featured 17 year old females running around with hoola-hoops or balls doing floor routines which somehow managed to capture all the lameness and sheer suckitude of synchronized swimming. Holy smokes was that horrendous. It wasn't even gymnastics. How on earth can something like this be an olympic event? I've seen little kids at the beach doing things like this with no training and I've never once thought to myself, "wow would that ever look awesome on TV.!" How do you judge kids being kids exactly?

Anyone else have any lame olympic events they wish were on the endangered list already?

Scott Greczkowski said:
Yeah I know... But I say add them to the Summer ones too. ;)
If you can add wheels to an ice skate and get street hockey, why not just add a few ball berings to the bottom of a large rock of granite?

Instear of sweeping ice, they can try sweeping out beer cans which are being thrown from the crowd in the stands. :D

Hmm redneck olympics!

Scott Greczkowski said:
Hmm redneck olympics!

like the 2X4 relay
How quick can you swing by the local construction site and get some lumber to improve your home at discount prices :D

or the car start
how many pairs of jumper cables can you put between 2 cars and get them started

or the car start
how many pairs of jumper cables can you put between 2 cars and get them started[/QUOTE]

not funny has been done. :D and it depends on how dead your battery is and it took 3 pair. :D

Forget the shot put and javelin. They need to have an event for catching those.

"And the competitor from Poland is running, running, running... OH D*MN!!! ANOTHER competitor fails to turn and grab at the right moment. I think that wound might just be fatal folks."

We need to add uphill ski events in the winter Olympics and the next summer Olympics need to hold their foot race events in San Francisco.

"This year, for the 1000 meter relay, they're allowing rock climbing gear so as to prevent the previous tragedy where the entire race was taken out when the runner from Kenya, who was doing reasonably well, tripped over a beer can and slid all the way back down the street bowling over everyone else clean down to the bay."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts