Youtube 1080p VS Dishnetwork

Cband55

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 14, 2008
Wow I just saw the future, I just got an internet speed upgrade of 10MB download and youtube 1080p videos look awsome, I can even upgrade to 20MB but I think its over kill.

So in your opinion what looks better the few hours of music videos on MTVHD or youtube 1080p?
When everyone in the US gets 20 MB download speeds the satellite and cable companies are doomed.

Don't bet on it. 1080P downloads use huge bandwidth. Internet providers are already capping user's bandwidth use. Eventually you are going to pay very big bucks to use the internet if you are a big bandwidth user. Look for those Youtube videos to start costing some money at the same time. There is no free lunch...

well that is why I said its the future like 10-15 years by then bandwith will be huge and it will not be a problem, and it will also cut the middle man that are cable at sat co's, movie companies will offer their movies and tvshows directly to the consumer over the internet, and youtube has a lot of ads so I think it will be free.

and youtube has a lot of ads so I think it will be free.
It does? ;) not for some.. ;)

I have adblock in Firefox, and for IE I use a combination of hosts file, loaded zones, and my Avast Antivirus (older version and easier to edit) has URL filters ... which of course benefit FF also... but all tolled ... I forget that Youtube is so crapy with commercials (ads at the hash marks in videos) and ads like banner or other.. I feel sorry some times when I link friends to youtube videos because I forget they aren't as nasty about blocking the ads as I've been..

:)

Yeah, all these years I didn't even realize until a little while back that YouTube even had ads when I heard friends complaining when I linked them to a vid. lol Adblock + Frefox FTW :) .

Most HD streams over the internet may flip the bit to cause the TV to see it as 1080p, but it is all about the source of the video and the encoding system and selections made that will determine if what you see is any good.

Personally a higher quality stream in 720p is better than a mediocre quality 1080p stream. But then, no one really tries to stream at Blue Ray Bit Rates.
Youtube’s 1080p – Failure Depends on How You Look At It | Trevor Greenfield

Most of the public won't notice the differences.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)