1000.2 Dish question

technikal

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 18, 2006
I'm having a 622 installed in a couple of weeks. I'll just have that one receiver. I've signed up for Top100, Locals and HD. I noticed on the invoice it mentioned a 1000.2 dish was included. I'm in Austin TX, where HD locals aren't available yet, but are 'on the list' of potential future adds.

Will the 1000.2 be future proof enough that I won't need a new dish when/if Austin's hd locals are available on the sat? What about if I decided to 'move' to Houston in the interim? If not, would upgrading my programming to Top 250 result in a more future proof dish being added?

Thanks!

The dish 1000.2 allows for a triplicate lnb and another port to include a side dish for another side dish. So you would get 110/119/129 on the main dish 1000.2 and you could still plug a side sat dish into the built in port on the lnb , for 61.5 or 148 . That would cover you for up to 4 satellites with only one coax coming into your house and a dishpro seperator will split that one cable into two for a 622/625 dvrs. I would love to get one of these dishes because they are bigger an the mast is longer so the signal strength on all three sats should be much stronger. I think you will be fine for the future unless they start using ka or ku band sats for hd .

Just because it says 1000.2 on the contract does not mean your getting a Dish1000.2

All my contracts for HD are requiring the 1000.2 also and I know for a fact we are installing the regular Dish1000's since the 1000.2 is not available.

Problems with 129

The installer came out yesterday here in Savannah GA to put in a 1000.2. He couldn't get a good signal on 129, particularly transponder 11. He had a lot of trouble tweaking the dish. He ended up putting up a 500 dp twin plus and another 500 for 61.5. Signal strength was way up. I am sure it wil be better in the rain.

On the 500 twin, he could put a single LNB in each spot on the arm and tweak one satellite. With the 1000.2, he had to tune using the total signal, making it hard to tweak 129. What's wrong with 129?

i was told that the 1000.2 needs a bracket to aim the 3 sats with a reg lnb then you put the lnb that comes with the dish on and it works great not sure if this is true im in ut and can't get good signal on the 129 with the 1000 or the 1000.2 i always use a wing dish anyone got the secret on what im doing wrong? thanks for your time

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)