110 problems

Frank Jr. said:
I am now getting frequent picture freezes on my locals. I get my locals off of spot beam transponder 07 on 119. Maybe on other channels I don't know yet. Obtw signal strength is 125. Thats not the problem.

Wow! A signal of 125 with picture freezing....just checked my locals and touch wood no problems with that. (yet) Before I upgraded to P308 my 510 worked like a champ. I'm hoping to hear from others on this issue as this is getting frustrating.

Dishpro you may want to try again. Sunday I thought I tried it all. Spent most of my sunday replacing connectors,disconnecting surge protectors which can cause problems and checking cable runs. If you are like me (bull headed enough) try it again. I don't think it will work just for me and ianp.

I am suprised some of the big guns on this site have not chimed in on what happening to these receivers.

Last edited:
Dishpro500 said:
Wow! A signal of 125 with picture freezing....just checked my locals and touch wood no problems with that. (yet) Before I upgraded to P308 my 510 worked like a champ. I'm hoping to hear from others on this issue as this is getting frustrating.
I have had my 510's over 3 years. Everytime Dish conducts an upgrade they mess things up. Sometimes I think they do this on purpose to get people to purchase new model receivers. When all I had was three 301's which were stable Dish conducted an upgrade and they came out with the 311. The 301's started having issues. Hmmmm

Last edited:
It's late, tired of fooling with Dish issues. Wife says it"s time to go to bed. Better keep her happy. haha! Work day comes all to soon. Good luck everybody. Good night.

ok i tried to unplug the cable do a check switch, when it comes back up i have 110 odd only no even now.

I''ll keep trying, but its dog slow getting through the test.

my 4900 can be started when my 508's half way through it, and still finish before the 508

Just got off the phone with dishnetwork. I'm the only one in the entire country to be having a problem. So I propose everyone call in at the same time, and let them know there is a problem.

quote of the day from dish tech "nothing is wrong with the software"

Just so happens both my boxes have failed same problem, same day, same channels, same bat time.

Anyways. I'm not sending my boxes back I've got way to much on them. Umm, maybe Franks right, conspiracy theory at work here, they see how much I've been recording and want to upgrade me to get that extra $5 from me every month. HAHA

Anyways, they told me nobody else has this problem, we need to let them know there is a problem.

PS while on hold I let the 508 sit on 110 sat and transponder 21, and it eventually tuned in the sat signal as the right one.

I thought I was crazy (and probably am). I observe the same behavior. But since I can watch the 110 channels this is actually one of the better S+DISH s/w problems.

I got my check swicth to go through, but only after unplugging all tth satelite boxes, run the switch test as mentioned, then plug in ONLY the one 508 and run switch test again.

Then it came up and said scanning for available satelites, still slow recognizing the 110 but I went back to the main screen it ran the 1-5 test, didn't take 15 minutes this time. And then it downloaded the guide info.

and Finally, I can tune in a 110 channel.

Now to see if the other one is going to work without touching its check switch, maybe Dish figured out I'm on to them, and they fixed it.

I have a 508, and it's kind of doing the same thing, sort of...

I get all the channels on 110
Check switch passes fine.

Signal strength screen constantly says "Wrong Sat" for 110, and will not turn green for any transponder.

I know the signal shown is actucally for 110, because I verified the spot beams I checked a while ago, and the signal strengths are correct.

I dunno, I can watch TV, so won't complain too much.

Frostwolf glad to see you have at least one of your receivers working. Remember once you have the receiver seeing odd and even transponders (ALL) on 110 don't do another switch test. Obtw when I was talking to a Dish tech yesterday they were trying to sell me that same song and dance, " oh there is nothing wrong with the software. We have no complaints" I told her that I am a member of SatelliteGuys and read off the complaints here from different states all over the country. Didn't have much to say after that other than, " Is there anything else we can do for you? Have a nice day"!

Yeah, being lied to is what really ticks me off.

I have customers lie to me all the time, I work on Copy machines, and there are some things copiers can't do to theirselves.

Anyways, I've got both my recievers now showing check switch is fine, but both still can't lock in to the 110 sat, and double menu screen shows red x on 110, and then recomends running check switch. Also shows that I've had 90 signal losses form 1am to 7am, then 90 from 7am to 1am, and so on, 3 days worth I believe.

off to work, good luck to the rest of you guys with the same problem, maybe dish will wake up to it.

Frostwolf said:
Yeah, being lied to is what really ticks me off.

I have customers lie to me all the time, I work on Copy machines, and there are some things copiers can't do to theirselves.

Anyways, I've got both my recievers now showing check switch is fine, but both still can't lock in to the 110 sat, and double menu screen shows red x on 110, and then recomends running check switch. Also shows that I've had 90 signal losses form 1am to 7am, then 90 from 7am to 1am, and so on, 3 days worth I believe.

off to work, good luck to the rest of you guys with the same problem, maybe dish will wake up to it.

Have you checked outside connections at the LNB and the LNB, itself?

toto said:
Have you checked outside connections at the LNB and the LNB, itself?

Been there and done that...after running new coax and replacing all of the rg6 connectors and re-peeking the dish, swaping out the LNBF the problem still exists. Not a connection problem! As mentioned in other posts the suspect cause is P308 firmware. Thanks for your input toto. :)

Frank Jr. said:
Dishpro you may want to try again. Sunday I thought I tried it all. Spent most of my sunday replacing connectors,disconnecting surge protectors which can cause problems and checking cable runs. If you are like me (bull headed enough) try it again. I don't think it will work just for me and ianp.

Hey Frank Jr, yes I'm like you "bull headed" so I gave it a try again. Ran check switch without Sat feed connected, and then hooked the 510 back up and tried again. The problem is still showing up. I finally got the LNBF to show "All" but when in the system info screen it is showing an error on test #8 telling me no signal on 110. Also it will not lock onto 110 but the signal strength is good and I can watch channels on the 110 feed. I have always been able to get my 110 channels but this error and switch problem has me frustrated. Have a good day! Talk to you later, off to work.

Dishpro500 said:
Hey Frank Jr, yes I'm like you "bull headed" so I gave it a try again. Ran check switch without Sat feed connected, and then hooked the 510 back up and tried again. The problem is still showing up. I finally got the LNBF to show "All" but when in the system info screen it is showing an error on test #8 telling me no signal on 110. Also it will not lock onto 110 but the signal strength is good and I can watch channels on the 110 feed. I have always been able to get my 110 channels but this error and switch problem has me frustrated. Have a good day! Talk to you later, off to work.
I agree this is frustrating to me as well. Especially when you think of all the time and effort that has been wasted. I wish I had an email address directly to DishNetWorks engineering dept. Heck all they need to do is read this thread in it's entirety and they would know they have a problem. They may know about it but are not saying anything. who knows. At least I would know they are aware of it. Maybe could get a response from them other than denial which is what I have received so far..:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)