110 problems

Frank Jr. said:
Will someone just please push the raised glowing red button on their remote and see if they get into dish home interactive for me. please. on their 510.

I've had the same problem, its one reason I started noticing the checkswitch problem.

Unitl the receiver can lock in the sat faster I cancels dish home. which is channel 100. As you stated a 110 sat.

there are a couple of other satations behaving the same way.

Dish Home works for my 510. I couldn't get crap for channels until about 4am last night when I adjusted my dish. I aimed it about a half inch to the left (no skew or elevation adjustment) and my transponder levels went from sub 70 levels and on about half of them, nothing at all...to 120+ across the board. I wonder if there's something bigger going on here than just lame software...

Here is a pic of my Dish Home on the 510 that I just took...

Attachments

• dishhome.jpg
    dishhome.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 102
Well, Dish Home works well for me here on my 510. I've never had a problem with that feature. I still have the original problem from thread start regarding the check switch/locking onto 110. I will try and post my info for tech support tomorow as I'm a little short on time today.

If your check switch is wrong Dish home will not show. Once check switch is correct it comes in.

After teh tech had me to run the check switch and it showed 110 even x'd or both 110 x'd dish home would not come in.

I had to unplug the other recievers to get it to pass the check switch and then dish home would work.

DishHome seems like a useless feature for me since I have a computer to access any of that information from. It is nice to have though when you do not have access to a computer and want to read up on things.

I wonder which transponder Dish Home tunes in on?

I am having the same problem as the others. I have a 411 and a 322. Same thing on both receivers.
I was out of town this past weekend, and when I come home last night (Sun. eve.), everything was just fine....no problems. I figured they had sent out a new software fix. I get home today from work and it the same thing all over again. Very frustrating. Anyone else still having the problem?
Is there anyway of going back to a previous software version?

ovredcoat said:
I am having the same problem as the others. I have a 411 and a 322. Same thing on both receivers.
I was out of town this past weekend, and when I come home last night (Sun. eve.), everything was just fine....no problems. I figured they had sent out a new software fix. I get home today from work and it the same thing all over again. Very frustrating. Anyone else still having the problem?
Is there anyway of going back to a previous software version?

Let me get this right you don't have a 501/508/510 reciever and still have the same problem? Your the first to report it on a different model :/

You may actually have an LNB/switch/barrel problem. I don't think your problem is the same.

No way to go back of on software

The installer is coming to look at it tommorow. I will update.
Yes, I have a 411 H.D. in my living room and the 322 in the bedroom.
I having the same problems as described above. It might not be happening for the same reason however.

New Software P3.09 will be spooled on Wed.

05/16/2006: 1100 Software Version P3.09 for DVR 501/508/510

Effective Wednesday, May 17th, Engineering plans to spool a PARTIAL PHASE of software version P3.09 for the DVR 501/508/510 receiver. This is primarily a non-forced maintenance release available at ALL satellite locations.
At this time P3.07, P3.08, and P3.09 will be the valid software versions for the DVR 501/508/510.

My locals moved to 110 TP1 form 119 TP1. The signal is only 75. If I go to TP12, which is also a spotbeam, the signal is 98! Why didn't they put my locals on there? I had 92 signal on 119 before. This is BS!

ralfyguy said:
My locals moved to 110 TP1 form 119 TP1. The signal is only 75. If I go to TP12, which is also a spotbeam, the signal is 98! Why didn't they put my locals on there? I had 92 signal on 119 before. This is BS!

There are no locals on 110 Tp 1. That is a false indication. what is your market name?

If it is Oklahoma City, the major networks moved from Tp 3 at 119 to Tp 25 at 110.

Last edited:
My market is Tulsa. Oklahoma. When I watch channel 2(NBC) and I go to the point dish screen, it shows Spotbeam 1 on 110 locked with 75 signal. Same with the rest of the locals. Before the move, it was on Spotbeam 1 on 119

ralfyguy, those are low signals. Even the 92 you used to have is low. You considered adjusting your dish, or having someone do it for you?

Exactly, I had 119 at 105, and that was more by accident as I was tweaking around. Don't know how much higher I could get it. But then 110 was around 75-80 and 129 in the 50's. So I kinda tried with a little higher elevation and 119 was down to mid 90's and 110 was around 90. 129 was going above 60 to 65. Then I rotated the skew to see what happens. On 119 it stayed the same, of course and 110 dropped to mid 80's to close to 90. 129 at the same time went up to over 80, sometimes hitting 90. Not all TP's on 129 are that high. Some are just getting above 70. My recommended elevation is 42, and skew 119. My setting is elevation 44 and skew 115, and my mast IS plumb! But I think it's worth it, because if there's bad weather and signals drop, what's the point if lets say it drops about 30 points then and you had 105 signal on 119, and about 55 on 129. With bad weather I mean heavy rain, but not really a heavy T-storm. Means 119 drops to 75 and 129 drops to 25 and signal is lost. I go for the 95 option, means drop to 65, and 129 drops from around 85 to 55. I still have a picture from all sats, UNLESS you get a REAL BADASS storm, then your picture is gone, no matter if you had 125 signal on 119. If the right storm comes along, means like the ones we get here in SE Oklahoma, then bring on whatever Dish you have, you're not gonna watch Satellite TV anymore. The only thing that always works, no matter what storm we had, was my 91XG 93" Yagi from AntennasDirect with CM7775 preamp hooked to the 622. This antenna really amazed me, especially for being 75+ miles away from th towers. That setup is bulletproof, unless power goes out. To circumvent the lost signal screen, whenever I know there's a real bad storm coming in, I just switch to OTA real quick and watch the weather news to what's coming. You will lose sat signal and you won't even notice, because as long as you stay on OTA, there's no pop-up coming, telling you that signal is lost on satellite yadayadayada. I tried this to switch to sat locals and bang, there goes the picture, and ypu can't go back to OTA then, until the satellite signals come back. So if you switch before the storm, you don't get trapped. I wish the receiver could let you go around this, it's stupid.

Last edited:
Check Switch Error

I'm having similar (the same?) problems. Just got dish HD in March and ever since have been getting the 'check switch' error. Booting and unplugging eventually work. (211). Got tired of getting the error and they finally sent me a new receiver (411). Worked great for 3 days then just yesterday started getting the same error again. Back to unplugging and resetting every hour or so. Everything works fine on my non-hd DVR in the other room. No problems at all with it. Is this a SW issue?

I've read that one person with version p309 says that the problem is fixed, no word from dish yet.
Can anyone confirm p309 fixes it?

Frostwolf said:
I've read that one person with version p309 says that the problem is fixed, no word from dish yet.
Can anyone confirm p309 fixes it?
First time I am looking for a software update from Dish. Mine are still with p308 and my boxes have gotten worse. Hell I just tried to ppv a movie and came up error. got charged for the movie though.:rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)