12 Monkeys on SyFy

I watched episode 1 a few days ago on Cox Cable on demand and only saw ads for other Syfy shows. I don't think I'm getting new episodes in advance, though.

I'm glad I checked this out, as I've been wary of Syfy's original programming of late.

I watched episode 1 a few days ago on Cox Cable on demand and only saw ads for other Syfy shows. I don't think I'm getting new episodes in advance, though.

I'm glad I checked this out, as I've been wary of Syfy's original programming of late.
They've only had the new episodes(episode 2 last weekend & episode 3 last Friday Night) up after 12 midnight EST once the current episodes aired,& the new episode was only available for 24 hrs. So from midnight Friday/Saturday to midnight Saturday/Sunday,the new episode was available. You watch the aired episode Friday Night & later on at midnight that night,the new episode is available for 24hrs on On Demand(at least it was for episode 2 & 3,i can't imagine that they'll keep this up).

I had to laugh at the North Koreans though... I was thinking they are already really paranoid bout the US, now they capture an American and suddenly he disappears right in front of 3 guards. It would have driven them insane thinking it was a new US spy device...

I just watched the 95 movie version of 12 Monkeys, starring Bruce Willis and Brad Pitt and Madelon Stowe,on Netflix dvd. The same character names were used as the series ,but the ending of the movie was different than the show hopefully. The scientist in the future are trying to make sure the virus is released, so they can ensure that the world does end in a deadly plague and their future and thus their hold on the power is not changed. That is why they send Bruce back to the past to "observe" as well as to influence the key people, to make sure it happens. OH MY Head! I also watched Project Almanac tonight at the movies and it was another time travel twister that ends and you say :wtf. But once you really think about the ending and put it in logical order , it does make sense. Can't wait to see Hot Tub Time Machine 2 also this month. Love , love time travel stories.
:yessign

Reactions: DJdish
I watched the 12 Monkeys movies last week, after watching the first two episodes, because for some strange reason I had never watched the movie.
I also love time travel flicks and tv shows, I did notice they´re using the same character names, well Jennifer was a he (Brad Pitt) in the movie.

Anyway great stuff, the movie had kinda a happy ending but they left an opening for a sequel.

Sounds like I have to watch Project Almanac. :wink

A while ago I was watching some old sci-fi shows (Dr Who and One Step Beyond), I guess I´m also a sci-fi junkie

Reactions: MikeD-C05
I like time traveling movies/TV shows as well. So far this seems to be handling the potential paradox pitfalls well. I also like how they are branching out and developing parallel stories involving the scavengers in 2043.
With that said, I don't think I'm a Monkey Junkie as much as I'm a Monkey's Uncle. :p

Tying use of the time traveling device to the situation in 2043 made for a great episode this week. Could we have a little love triangle developing for our hero? I guess if you're going to two-time someone, best to do it in two different time lines.

Finally got around to watching The Night Room. Well, looks like the timeline has been changed but not the way they had anticipated. Very curious to see where this is going.

Reactions: MikeD-C05

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)