120cm dish with C-Band performance - Now with HD!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
vj9999 said:
With that said, I was able to get a lock on TVU on amc3. Quality was about 40% and breakups every once in a while. I think results would be a little better with a better functioning lnbf.

Thanks!

I noticed last night I was getting anywhere from 80-90 on the quality (was a little windy) with the 10 footer. Even though the signal never dropped out, there were some breakups, so maybe it isn't you.

Now I know what my spring project will be....:)

mini bud

I bought a ASC 421 C-band lnbf and what I want to know is where do you put the scaler ring. It has numbers on it from 30 to 42. I picked 36 in the middle and got 1 digital channel but the analog is snow on my 1.2 channel master. I just got the cone shaped scaler and bracket so I was going to mount it . My dish had both brackets with it for the transmitter. I was trying to judge by putting my invicom lnb on the holder that came with the dish thinking that probabley is the focal point.

fulszjep .............i think the focal distance for CM is 21 inches

i'll measure mine tomorrow and will let you know

Last edited:
mini bud

My lnb to the dish is like 36 inches so would that mean put the scaler cone on 36 on the lnb. I pushed the lnb all the way forward closest to the dish with the scaler all the way to the end. I am trying I-6 for digital and analog. I am getting analog from g-11 and I-6 on the receiver pbs is so so. I will mess with the project on saturday some more.

fulszjep said:
My lnb to the dish is like 36 inches so would that mean put the scaler cone on 36 on the lnb. I pushed the lnb all the way forward closest to the dish with the scaler all the way to the end. I am trying I-6 for digital and analog. I am getting analog from g-11 and I-6 on the receiver pbs is so so. I will mess with the project on saturday some more.

Strongest analog I found with my 90 cm mini-bud , was TP's 15 & 16 on G 4 . Two religious channels . They also have some feeds to indipendent TV stations on 17 or 18 , I think . A few digital TP's too .

Wyr

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Best I remember , I picked up the digital WB channel , on G 4 , too .

Last edited:
mini bud

We had a good day today got some c band on g-4. Got 3 tp with 15-20 for quality so I might be able to adjust for higher. Got the wb on the computer was a clean picture for that low of quality. Amc 6 is the next 1 I am going to try. Is the nasa signal strong. I get ku strong just never any channels unless coolege football is on.

Any updates on this project?

Was thinking of getting a 100CM Dish but this has me rethinking about getting a 120CM Dish instead. :)

I have a GI 650I receiver which I have been holding on to for a long time and would love to fire it up for the Analog C band stuff up there and also the FTA stuff as well.

Has anyone found a good LNB compbo which works? I will be seeing Jamal Sadoun on Friday hopefully he will have news on a C/KU combo. :D

20cm doesn't sound much but every bit helps.

Unfortunately all I have left of my satellite gear is the Invacom LNB and Fortec 120cm dish, I had to sell everything else.

My experimenting days are over until things pick up.

If the main problem with a 1.2 M for C-band is the beamwidth being too wide for 2 degree spacing why can you use the pinhole theory.

You know when you take in index card and place a tiny pinhole through it and you can focus on objects much better. You would have to make it out of metal.

I suspose the problem lies in the size of the hole needed, how far it has to be away from the dish, and alignment.

For all I know it might have to be half way to the satellite.

It's just a thought I had for you guys to chew on,

Wholeshoe

mini bud

I say unless money is no object try it. I tried and the picture is not up to my standards at least on analog. Digital looked good and the wb hd looked good also.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts