14 Mayors Write Letter to Verizon Fed Up With Lack of Upgrades

Poke

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Dec 3, 2003
OK
http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/...o-Verizon-Fed-Up-With-Lack-of-Upgrades-135301

Mayors of fourteen cities have written a letter to Verizon indicating that they're fed up with the telecom giant for its failure to adequately upgrade its network. The mayors, who represent 12 million people in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, and Massachusetts, write (pdf) that Verizon is "failing to to meet the needs of our constituents for access to state-of-the-art fiber optic cable service."

Agree with those Mayors.

Verizon in Northeast Pa is so pathetic it's max offering for Broadband DSL is 3 Mbps, and it's been that way since 2005.

Reactions: FTA4PA
Currently getting 2.1mbps (on a good day). They originally sold us 3 to 7. We get drops through the day and if it rains we often lose the DSL and phone service entirely. Been contacting them (including corporate) for years about the problems. They always make excuses, rarely do anything to resolve issues and if we do manage to get something done it never lasts long. They even had the nerve to raise the price by $3 a month recently. :mad:

The experience I've had with Verizon internet, including the speeds, the unreliable service in general, the weeks it takes on service calls is why I'll never be a Verizon land line, DSL or at this point even Fios, or a Wireless customer.

People can say what they want about ATT wireless, but Verizon as a company will NEVER get a penny out of me ever again .

Reactions: Tampa8
We have cable as an Option, but the fact that they have killer speeds over Verizon means they can charge what ever they want.

If Verizon would maintain their lines and updated their internet speeds, it would force the competition to come down.

Reactions: FTA4PA
Currently getting 2.1mbps (on a good day). They originally sold us 3 to 7. We get drops through the day and if it rains we often lose the DSL and phone service entirely. Been contacting them (including corporate) for years about the problems. They always make excuses, rarely do anything to resolve issues and if we do manage to get something done it never lasts long. They even had the nerve to raise the price by $3 a month recently. :mad:
Being an old retired telco tech, I always strike up with conversation with local crews when I see 'em. And it is the same story from everyone of 'em - Verizon is not investing one damn dime in improving their copper. Verizon wants us all on wireless.

Being an old retired telco tech, I always strike up with conversation with local crews when I see 'em. And it is the same story from everyone of 'em - Verizon is not investing one damn dime in improving their copper. Verizon wants us all on wireless.
Yes, must admit that on the few occasions when they actually sent techs out they were pleasant to deal. In the case of copper, a company policy that favors one group of customers over another has them ham-stringed and you can't blame them for only doing the minimum it takes to get things working. :(

Reactions: Troch77
Yes, must admit that on the few occasions when they actually sent techs out they were pleasant to deal. In the case of copper, a company policy that favors one group of customers over another has them ham-stringed and you can't blame them for only doing the minimum it takes to get things working. :(
Verizon doesn't see a future for copper. And wireless for them is a hell of a lot cheaper then fiber.

They're going to be drag thru the courts to get them to live up to their fiber promises.

The experience I've had with Verizon internet, including the speeds, the unreliable service in general, the weeks it takes on service calls is why I'll never be a Verizon land line, DSL or at this point even Fios, or a Wireless customer.

People can say what they want about ATT wireless, but Verizon as a company will NEVER get a penny out of me ever again .

after a sucky experience with verizon fios i totally understand.....

verizon has decided fios is a loser fiancially. all their future internet efforts are wireless.

http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/...o-Verizon-Fed-Up-With-Lack-of-Upgrades-135301

Mayors of fourteen cities have written a letter to Verizon indicating that they're fed up with the telecom giant for its failure to adequately upgrade its network. The mayors, who represent 12 million people in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, and Massachusetts, write (pdf) that Verizon is "failing to to meet the needs of our constituents for access to state-of-the-art fiber optic cable service."
If Verizon is failing to live up to their contracts or franchise agreements, then cancel them. Use eminent domain to acquire the fiber and run their own internet service.

Agree with those Mayors.

Verizon in Northeast Pa is so pathetic it's max offering for Broadband DSL is 3 Mbps, and it's been that way since 2005.
I'm in and around scranton. We have the 7-15 package that still turn into 5-10 in the real world... nothing compares to the Comcast 150 package around here tho

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Troch77

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts