2009 NBA Playoffs

I think MJ aged me 23 years in those 3 hours! :eek:

You gotta remember, he did that to the vaunted 1985-86 Celtics......on their homecourt! Probably the most incredible individual performance I have ever seen!

The day MJ officially retired for the 2nd time....:rolleyes:....They had an interview with one of the Celtics, I cannot remember if it was Dennis Johnson or Danny Ainge, and they were talking about when he had around 35 at the half. Supposedly, KC Jones would look down the bench to see WHO wanted to try to cover MJ that night...and EVERYONE leaned back against their chair and looked EVERYWHERE but DIRECTLY at K.C. Jones as if saying....'I want NO PART of that'.

All I can say is WOW....what a game!!!

Ray Allen wins it on a three pointer with 2 seconds left........Celtics 118, Bulls 115. Series tied at 1.

The Celtics aren't going to repeat, I'm not in a state of denial there, but what guts they showed in that fourth quarter!!!

That caps off an incredible day in Boston sports:

* Red Sox blow out the Orioles, 12-1
* The Boston Marathon was a memorable one
* The Bruins win and are one win away from sweeping their arch-rivals
* The Celtics even their series with a great last three minutes

WOW!!!!

With KG and Brian Scalabrine already out, and if Powe is added to this list, the Celts are down to Big Baby, K-Perk and Mikki Moore for the 4 and 5 spots.

Mon, 04/20/2009 - 10:10pm

Celtics' Powe taken to hospital for MRI on knee

By: Paul Flannery
Celtics forward Leon Powe was taken to an area hospital for an MRI on a knee. Though it was initially unclear which knee prompted the trip, Powe did miss time at the end of the regular season with soreness in his right knee.

Tuesday's Playoff Schedule- All Times Eastern

Detroit at Cleveland- Game 2- 8:00 PM [TNT(HD)]

Houston at Portland- Game 2- 10:00 PM [NBA-TV(HD)]

Utah at LA Lakers- Game 2- 10:30 PM [TNT(HD)]

Spurs up big on Dallas.

Before the playoffs, I thought that if San Antonio is to make a deep playoff run, Tony Parker has to carry that team the way D-Wade carried the Heat.

So far- 30+ points in the third quarter.

IMO, Parker has to average more PPG than anyone in the NBA to lead the Spurs deep. San Antonio will go as far as Parker can carry them.

You can say that again! The offensive display put on by both teams in the 4th quarter was awesome! What a great performance by Ben Gordon in the loss.

We've seen two GREAT back-to-back performances by Derrick Rose and Ben Gordon! :up

We've seen two GREAT back-to-back performances by Derrick Rose and Ben Gordon! :up

No doubt.....much like the Hawks last year, the Bulls are making a name for themselves in the playoffs. I definitely don't see them taking the series from Boston, but they are a team on the rise.

All I can say is WOW....what a game!!!

Ray Allen wins it on a three pointer with 2 seconds left........Celtics 118, Bulls 115. Series tied at 1.

The Celtics aren't going to repeat, I'm not in a state of denial there, but what guts they showed in that fourth quarter!!!

That caps off an incredible day in Boston sports:

* Red Sox blow out the Orioles, 12-1
* The Boston Marathon was a memorable one
* The Bruins win and are one win away from sweeping their arch-rivals
* The Celtics even their series with a great last three minutes

WOW!!!!

Wow is right! Holy cow! This series is intense! And you're telling me this is just the 2nd game in the opening round?! Woah! If this series is a sign of things to come, we're certainly in for a treat this NBA Playoff season.

As for the game, it seemed as if Ben Gordon and Ray Allen couldn't miss. Two former UConn Huskies dueling it out. This game would come down to whoever had the ball last and that ended up being cold blooded Ray Allen and the C's.

Shame on Vinny Del Negro btw for not saving a timeout at the end of the game. There was over 2 seconds to go. If he has a timeout, maybe the Bulls get off another shot.

Oh well. Good game. One thing's for sure though. The United Center will be rocking come Thursday.

Congrats Bill. Great day for you and Boston.

Wow is right! Holy cow! This series is intense! And you're telling me this is just the 2nd game in the opening round?! Woah! If this series is a sign of things to come, we're certainly in for a treat this NBA Playoff season.

As for the game, it seemed as if Ben Gordon and Ray Allen couldn't miss. Two former UConn Huskies dueling it out. This game would come down to whoever had the ball last and that ended up being cold blooded Ray Allen and the C's.

Shame on Vinny Del Negro btw for not saving a timeout at the end of the game. There was over 2 seconds to go. If he has a timeout, maybe the Bulls get off another shot.

Oh well. Good game. One thing's for sure though. The United Center will be rocking come Thursday.

Congrats Bill. Great day for you and Boston.

That was the second time in two games that the Bulls didn't have a TO at the end. Of course, the Bulls got away with it on saturday.

LET'S GO CLEVELAND! GET READY! ON YOUR FEET! LET'S DO THIS!!!!!!!

Cavs/Pistons: Game 2.
Tonight @ 8pm: TNT-HD

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SykRuSk-JrE"]Cleveland Cavaliers [2008-2009][/ame]

The Cavs recently did their own take on the new popular Heineken "closet commercial." Absolutely hysterical if you ask me. Good to see the guys just having fun....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4S3X6ZoE8w"]Cavaliers Commercial[/ame]

Powe diagnosed with torn ACL

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=3023"]Leon Powe Stats, News, Photos - Cleveland Cavaliers - ESPN[/ame] will join [ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=261"]Kevin Garnett Stats, News, Photos - Boston Celtics - ESPN[/ame] on the [ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/clubhouse?team=bos"]Boston Celtics News, Schedule, Players, Stats, Video - NBA - ESPN[/ame]' sideline.

Already without an injured Garnett for possibly the remainder of the playoffs, the Celtics have lost backup forward Powe for the duration because of a torn anterior cruciate ligament and meniscus in his left knee.

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2009/news/story?id=4086325"]Leon Powe's postseason over: Boston Celtic has torn ACL - ESPN[/ame]

Leon Powe will join Kevin Garnett on the Boston Celtics' sideline.

Already without an injured Garnett for possibly the remainder of the playoffs, the Celtics have lost backup forward Powe for the duration because of a torn anterior cruciate ligament and meniscus in his left knee.

Leon Powe's postseason over: Boston Celtic has torn ACL - ESPN

Ah crap, personally I like Leon more than Big Baby.

It looks like Big Baby, Mikki Moore and rookie Bill "Sky" Walker will have to log the minutes at the 4, and back up K-Perk at the 5.

One bit of good news: Brian Scalabrine (out with post concussion syrdrome for the last two months) is going to start practicing soon, and could be available later in this series.

Dampier Issues Strong Warning to Tony Parker

"Every time he drives the lane, we have to put him on his back," Dampier said, according to The Dallas Morning News. "The first foul has to tell him he's in for a long night."

"My first foul Thursday night is going to put him on his back," Dampier said. "I guarantee it."

Game 3 is Thursday night in Dallas.

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4086083"]Erick Dampier of Dallas Mavericks to Tony Parker of San Antonio Spurs: Watch out in Game 3 - ESPN[/ame]

Belmont Stakes

Former Indians' Owner Dies

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)