2009 NBA Playoffs

Cavs Take Game 1; 102-84

GREAT performance by the Cavs in game 1.

Pistons kept it close early, but the better team took over as the game went on.

Oh, and as for LeBron's opening-game performance- :bow:bow:bow

Sabres, the Cavs had this game the entire way. The close score in the first half was only an illusion. We controlled the game the entire way and pulled away when it was necessary.

I don't mean this as an insult Pistons fans, but they certainly looked lifeless at times. Uncontested shots and defense that is very untypical of past Pistons teams. I am shocked that a team with this many veterans seemed completely uninspired. Almost like they didn't care. If I were a Pistons fan, I don't know who I'd be more pissed at, the players or the coach.

PS, did you guys see that half court shot by LBJ at the end of the half? WOW!

BTW, the MVP's stat line read as follows: 38 pts, 8 reb, 7 ast

Bill, I was stunned in seeing how close this game was. I tuned in just as Paul Pierce missed one of the foul shots at the end of regulation. Unfortunate loss by the C's.

BTW, there should be no dispute in the Rookie of the Year award. Derrick Rose IS the real deal.

He sure is! :up

I saw ESPN's postgame interview with him, and he acted like he's been here before. I found that very refreshing.

Got to hand it to the rook for a GREAT game! :up

Mavs beat the Spurs in San Antonio, 105-97.

I think I may have been wrong about this series, the Spurs REALLY looked tired at the end.

Mavs beat the Spurs in San Antonio, 105-97.

I think I may have been wrong about this series, the Spurs REALLY looked tired at the end.

IMO, Ginobili's absence was felt down the stretch.

If you saw some of the Spurs playoff games in the last few years, Manu had a tendency to take big shots to start a rally, start a run, or get back in the game.

With all due respect to Finley and Mason- who are great long-range shooters and had tremedously important shots, Manu is a serious clutch player.

I rank him up there with Kobe, Paul Pierce, and LeBron as "players I want taking a late shot in crunch time."

Also, bench play- Bill, you know about this from last year's playoffs. Mavs got it- Spurs didn't.

Dallas seems to be peaking at a good time- last year, they stumbled into the playoffs. Also, they drew a blazing-hot Hornets team that was sensational down the stretch. San Antonio didn't exactly roar into the playoffs with a head of steam.

Sunday's Playoff Schedule- All Times Eastern

Utah at LA Lakers- Game 1- 3:00 PM [ABC(HD)]

Philadelphia at Orlando- Game 1- 5:30 PM [TNT(HD)]

Miami at Atlanta- Game 1- 8:00 PM [TNT(HD)]

New Orleans at Denver- Game 1- 10:30 PM [TNT(HD)]

Andre Iguodala in the biggest shot of his career for the win!!!! Woah! :eek:

Sixers over Magic 100-98 in a huge upset!

These playoffs sure are off to an amazing start. I love the NBA Playoffs!

My thoughts on the Sixers/Magic game:

1. Philly, IMO, sleptwalked in the first half but woke up in the fourth quarter.

2. Orlando missed a lot of threes. Ouch.

3. Don't put too much stock in one game. Philly won game 1 in Detroit last year, but didn't win the series. Remember, it's best-of-seven, not best-of-one.

Oh here we go. Mr. Florida jumps on the latest bandwagon! Where were you the entire NBA season?

Much like College Basketball I hate probasketball to. But I always root for the home team. I dont like profootball either but ill support the bucs, dolphins or jags, Dont like baseball but ill support the rays or marlins.

How did you pick the teams you root for? Most people id say root for the team in their area. The teams they grew up with. or the ones their parents liked.

I did make a few posts during the regular season asking if people thought this magic team was "real" ;)

Could we end up with a Chicago-Philly first round matchup?

At this point, it's very possible.

I frankly wouldn't be surprised if any of the four second round combinations happened:

Boston vs. Orlando
Boston vs. Philly
Orlando vs. Chicago
Philly vs. Chicago

I see Lakers vs Cleveland in The Finals with the Lakers in 6.

The Playoffs started off hot with Derrick Rose, and kicked up again today with the Philly/Orlando games. All others were stale unless you like watching your team completely dominate

Monday's Playoff Schedule- All Times Eastern

Chicago at Boston - Game 2- 7:00 PM [TNT(HD)]

Dallas at San Antonio- Game 2- 9:30 PM [TNT(HD)]

No defense and zero rebound effort got the Heat a good ole fashion ass whuppin! BUT, it is ONLY game 1 and things will be a little tight tomorrow/next game.

Much like College Basketball I hate probasketball to. But I always root for the home team. I dont like profootball either but ill support the bucs, dolphins or jags, Dont like baseball but ill support the rays or marlins.

How did you pick the teams you root for? Most people id say root for the team in their area. The teams they grew up with. or the ones their parents liked.

I did make a few posts during the regular season asking if people thought this magic team was "real" ;)

I picked the teams I root based on locality, as in 10 miles down the road from where I live. Difference is, I support them every game of the year, just not when it's fashionable to.

BTW, how did a team you thought was going to "win it all" blow an 18 point lead to the Sixers?! ;) :eek:

I frankly wouldn't be surprised if any of the four second round combinations happened:

Boston vs. Orlando
Boston vs. Philly
Orlando vs. Chicago
Philly vs. Chicago

Frankly, I still don't understand why the Magic go away from giving Dwight Howard the ball down the stretch. He's 6'11 and 265lbs. He's practically unguardable. I always hear folks give Stan Gundy WAY too much credit he deserves in somehow being this genius coach, yet he still doesn't understand how to win in the playoffs.

Boston vs. Orlando
Boston vs. Philly
Orlando vs. Chicago
Philly vs. Chicago

Na. Boston's experience will prove superior throughout the series. I still think that team has a lot of fire left in them and Game 1 only served as a wakeup call. I expect the C's to win BIG tonight.

As for the Sixers/Magic, that's another story. On paper, there's no way the Magic should lose this series. The Sixers, IMO are the worst team in the Eastern Conference Playoffs. Yet the Magic still haven't proven they can win in the playoffs. Until they adjust their style of ball, they won't pose a legitamite threat to anyone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)