2010-11 NBA Basketball Season

My non-LeBron thought of the day:

my pick of the Mavericks to win the West is looking pretty decent (for now).

win the West as in get the top seed or advance to the finals?

Lakers trying to snap the four game losing streak tonight, will be funny if we lose yet again

I have to agree, who the hell wants the Lakers to tripeat yet again :rolleyes: .. How boring, let someone else win :up

AntAltMike said:
There are only three teams that can win the East: Boston, Orlando and Miami. Atlanta and Chicago are like Milwaukee in the early 1980s or Cleveland in the early 1990s: they can upset anyone in one series but can't win four series, or even three series, in a row at that level of competition.

I agree completely.

He did not say those exact words....but close. And and a BAD choice of words they are. YEP, still a douche. BUT, I want him to win games, not teach my kid humility and sportsmanship. That is MY JOB and the job of ALL those that have children. Not the job of some stranger on TV that does not know you even exist.;)

Nobody is asking Lebron James or any athlete to raise your kids. Nothing to do with that. But that doesn't mean people nobody is allowed to say Lebron acted like a jerk. Two different things...leave the kids out of it.

Sandra

Nobody is asking Lebron James or any athlete to raise your kids. Nothing to do with that. But that doesn't mean people nobody is allowed to say Lebron acted like a jerk. Two different things...leave the kids out of it.

Sandra

Again...I want him to win games....not to be a roll model. I have kids, so I can add the kids ALL I want. I do not know if you do, but I am sure you do not want your kids to use an athlete as ANY example.

They are paid BY their teams to win games. period.

Again...I want him to win games....not to be a roll model. I have kids, so I can add the kids ALL I want. I do not know if you do, but I am sure you do not want your kids to use an athlete as ANY example.

They are paid BY their teams to win games. period.

Still bringing kids into the discussion? I don't what kids have to do with this, whether you have kids or not... :confused:

Sandra

Miami presently trails Orlando by just half a game. They are riding a six game winning streak, and five of their next six games are against cupcakes. Their only game against a quality opponent in that stretch will be a home game against New Orleans, which will be playing it as the second game of back-to-back road games.

In all likelihood, Miami will have a record of 21-8 by the time they next play Dallas, at home.

Miami presently trails Orlando by just half a game. They are riding a six game winning streak, and five of their next six games are against cupcakes. Their only game against a quality opponent in that stretch will be a home game against New Orleans, which will be playing it as the second game of back-to-back road games.

In all likelihood, Miami will have a record of 21-8 by the time they next play Dallas, at home.

Only 4 teams with with winning records against above .500 teams: Utah(8-6), OKC(7-5), SA(8-3), Dallas(8-2) and Boston(9-2). So needless to say, not ALL of the good to elite teams are doing well against above .500 teams.

This is what I meant when I said the Heat should be north of 65 wins this year. Sooooo many weak teams.

Sandra

LOL more Lakers fans at NJ then Net fans LMAO.. even Kobe got MVP chants LOL

The Knicks are winning over 60% of their games and they have all the cap room they ned to acquire Carmelo Anthony. They can do it this season by including Curry in a trade. As soon as they add Anthony, they will become one of those desirable addresses for veterans who will play for either the mid level exception or the veteran minimum, which will really allow them to pad out their roster with needed quality role players.

The Knicks are winning over 60% of their games and they have all the cap room they ned to acquire Carmelo Anthony. They can do it this season by including Curry in a trade. As soon as they add Anthony, they will become one of those desirable addresses for veterans who will play for either the mid level exception or the veteran minimum, which will really allow them to pad out their roster with needed quality role players.

It will start a "arms race" between the Knicks and the HEAT. COOL...! LOL!

NEW YORK -- Carmelo Anthony has told the Denver Nuggets he will not sign the nearly $65 million contract extension he has been offered unless he is traded to the New York Knicks, a source told ESPN.com on Sunday.

The source, using the most definitive language possible, confirmed what has been widely speculated around the NBA over the past two months as Anthony has been at the center of trade talks involving numerous teams.

And while other franchises might be able to make better offers, Anthony will not agree to sign anywhere long-term unless he is dealt to New York, according to the source, who has been privy to private discussions between Anthony, his representatives and the Nuggets organization.

The source spoke to ESPN.com after Denver's 129-125 loss to New York on Sunday afternoon as the Knicks won their eighth straight game.

Anthony was again coy in discussing his future, but he did move the needle somewhat in making a prediction that the Nuggets will not trade him to a destination that is not on his wish list.

Source: Carmelo Anthony will sign only with New York Knicks if traded - ESPN New York

With all the stars going to the "glamor cities", will professional basketball matter in mid-market cities anymore?

Surely this can't be good for the NBA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts