2010-11 NBA Basketball Season

Could this be an omen??

The Miami Heat experienced airplane troubles on their way to Cleveland for LeBron James' first game there since he left the Cavaliers.

Jackie Mayo, a spokeswoman for Cleveland Hopkins airport, says the crew of the Heat's plane reported a wing "flap issue" early Thursday as the aircraft was on its approach. An alert was issued at the airport and two fire trucks were sent out to the runway, which is standard procedure.

Mayo says the plane landed safely at about 2:30 a.m. ET.

Miami Heat plane has trouble on way to Cleveland - ESPN

Ok folks, you're all my friends here. We've been chatting about sports for quite some time now. We've experienced both loss and glory together. I will be heading downtown shortly for some pre-game festivities. In the meantime, I leave you with a rather inspirational first hand story on what it means to be "Cleveland". The story was written by a guy involved with ESPN's acclaimed "Outside the Lines" show. It's powerful, moving and spot on. I practically had tears rolling down my face right here at my desk at work. If you have any interest in knowing where I'm from, take the 15 minutes or so to read this. It's rather lengthy, but worth it. The media is hoping Cleveland blows a gasket tonight and does something stupid. We know we're supposed to be in on a joke. Everyone gets kicks out of the down and out. They love that LeBron has "dumped us." The truth be told though, (and this is explained in the story), it isn't that LeBron moved on, but how he did it.

Anyways, give it a shot. Oh, and go Cavs!!!!

ESPN - OTL: Believeland - E-ticket

38 points, 15 rebs, and 9 assists for Russell Westbrook. Definitely a better player than Bosh ;)

38 points, 15 rebs, and 9 assists for Russell Westbrook. Definitely a better player than Bosh ;)

Great game. Westrook is phenomenal.

Felt so bad for Jordan Farmar though. He gets the big stage because Devin Harris is out, and I'm sure the stat-heads thought he had a good game with 28 points (albeit in a triple OT game where they played 63 minutes of basketball).

But the stats don't tell you how he dribbled away so many important possessions in the closing minutes of a couple of the overtimes. Could not get them into their offense until there were like five seconds left on the shot clock, and he could not even get anybody a shot to tie the game at the end of the third OT. Dribble, dribble, dribble, and pass out of bounds at the buzzer.

You don't know that if you didn't watch the game...

Sandra

Last edited:
BTW, after Cleveland's Day of Reckoning, there's a second game that night on TNT:

Suns/Warriors, which I think is a nice dessert to follow the main course.

You gotta think and hope nothing major will happen even if Lebron decides to pick up the powder and throw it in Cleveland's face. There will be security everywhere.

I do think it would be a very bad idea, however, to be wearing a Miami Lebron shirt within the arena...espcially if Miami blows the Cavaliers out like they're supposed to. That could get very ugly.

Sandra

You gotta think and hope nothing major will happen even if Lebron decides to pick up the powder and throw it in Cleveland's face. There will be security everywhere.
For THAT reason alone, it would be very irresponsible and selfish to do it TONIGHT. Put egos aside....security should be the most important thing!!

I do think it would be a very bad idea, however, to be wearing a Miami Lebron shirt within the arena...espcially if Miami blows the Cavaliers out like they're supposed to. That could get very ugly.
Sandra
Couldn't agree more here! Fans pay their hard earned money, and have the right to react whatever way they like (boo, cheer, indifference, etc.), but let's not be foolish about it.

Responsible behavior is paramount in Cleveland tonight......by BOTH LeBron and the Cavs fans!!

Couldn't agree more here! Fans pay their hard earned money, and have the right to react whatever way they like (boo, cheer, indifference, etc.), but let's not be foolish about it.

Responsible behavior is paramount in Cleveland tonight......by BOTH LeBron and the Cavs fans!!

I agree Bill. I am not a fan of going to away games for various reasons, but I would never for instance go to a Ranger/Flyer game in Philly and start taunting Flyer fans if the Rangers are winning. Whoever did something to me would be at fault, but it would also be my fault for acting like a moron and asking for trouble in the first place.

Same goes for tonight. The Heat won Lebron. If someone acts like that knucklehead at the Indian game this summer, wearing the Heat lebron jersey and making a spectacle of himself trying to rub the jersey in as many people's face as possible...well, anybody who does something to him is wrong, but so is he.

Sandra

Sandra

I was wondering the same that if fans were to do anything (which I hope they dont) if they would throw a beer or something like that while he does his powder routine. Should be an electric crowd!

I was wondering the same that if fans were to do anything (which I hope they dont) if they would throw a beer or something like that while he does his powder routine. Should be an electric crowd!

Here is what they should do...someone should walk up to the PA system right before game time and announce 'Hey Lebron, I just looked at the standings...I forget, why did you switch to Miami again?'

Sandra

Ok folks, you're all my friends here. We've been chatting about sports for quite some time now. We've experienced both loss and glory together. I will be heading downtown shortly for some pre-game festivities. In the meantime, I leave you with a rather inspirational first hand story on what it means to be "Cleveland". The story was written by a guy involved with ESPN's acclaimed "Outside the Lines" show. It's powerful, moving and spot on. I practically had tears rolling down my face right here at my desk at work. If you have any interest in knowing where I'm from, take the 15 minutes or so to read this. It's rather lengthy, but worth it. The media is hoping Cleveland blows a gasket tonight and does something stupid. We know we're supposed to be in on a joke. Everyone gets kicks out of the down and out. They love that LeBron has "dumped us." The truth be told though, (and this is explained in the story), it isn't that LeBron moved on, but how he did it.

Anyways, give it a shot. Oh, and go Cavs!!!!

ESPN - OTL: Believeland - E-ticket

I was a great great article. I am confused though by your thoughts that the media has gotten a kick out of Lebron leaving. IF ANYTHING, it has been completely the opposite AND to go further, have gone AWAY overboard in portraring Miami as the dingo that stole the baby.

Lifetime average of 16.6 points a game. His average is higher this year because he is now the #2 option. The more they depend on you in the offense, the more touches you get. IF Bosh was the 1s or 2nd option on the HEAT, he would MORE than likely have better stats AND be more looked at as Westbrook is now.

...but I am sure you would have figured that out for yourself.;)

For THAT reason alone, it would be very irresponsible and selfish to do it TONIGHT. Put egos aside....security should be the most important thing!!

I am confused as to why he should not do the powder. That is a LEBRON ritual, not a Cleveland ritual. Michael Jordan had a "powder ritual" of his own and took it with him to Washington. There was never an uproar by BULLS fans that he should not do that just because he did it in Chicago first. I mean it would be like telling Michael that he could not stick out his tongue when going for a basket because he did it in Chicago 1st.

...either way you look it, Lebron is in a no win situation with HIS ritual. IF he does, there is the bull**** that he is rubbing it in the CAVS fans face. IF he doesn't do HIS ritual, he will be called a coward for not sticking to his guns.

LOL!

Here is what they should do...someone should walk up to the PA system right before game time and announce 'Hey Lebron, I just looked at the standings...I forget, why did you switch to Miami again?'

Sandra

True....and the retort would be....Since when does the NBA season play only 18 games? And HAVE they crowned an NBA champion for the 2010-11 season yet?

I am confused as to why he should not do the powder. That is a LEBRON ritual, not a Cleveland ritual. Michael Jordan had a "powder ritual" of his own and took it with him to Washington. There was never an uproar by BULLS fans that he should not do that just because he did it in Chicago first. I mean it would be like telling Michael that he could not stick out his tongue when going for a basket because he did it in Chicago 1st.

I'm not arguing if it's a LeBron ritual or a Cleveland ritual. What I AM saying is, emotions will be OFF THE CHARTS tonight, and I don't think it would be a good idea to rub salt in an UNHEALED wound. IMO, that's more than enough to show restraint from any "ritual" tonight.

...either way you look it, Lebron is in a no win situation with HIS ritual. IF he does, there is the bull**** that he is rubbing it in the CAVS fans face. IF he doesn't do HIS ritual, he will be called a coward for not sticking to his guns.
LOL!
Not by me he won't. If anything, I'd give him MEGA props for turning the other cheek. As far as I'm concerned, the only ones that would call him a "coward" for NOT doing his ritual are people that are looking for trouble tonight!

When was the last time anyone in the NBA left a team and was viewed with hatred by the fans upon his return to his old stomping grounds?

Perhaps Pat Riley when he went back to NYC with the Heat or Vince Carter returning to Toronto?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts