2010-11 NBA Basketball Season

Looks like Dan Gilbert was lying about him being "over" Lebron James leaving....

This man is obsessed about losing Lebron James.:( This is like the guy/gal that won't except that the ex has moved on. So he stalks her, hiding in the bushes to see every single thing he is doing ...without them.

Cavaliers probing Heat’s signing of James

By Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo! Sports 9 hours, 24 minutes ago

CLEVELAND – The Cleveland Cavaliers have poured hundreds of thousands of dollars into a high-powered Midwestern law firm to investigate their suspicions that the Miami Heat broke NBA tampering rules while pursuing LeBron James(notes), and owner Dan Gilbert has privately vowed he won’t relent until he has a thick binder of findings to drop on the desk of the NBA commissioner, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

The NBA won’t launch an investigation into a tampering case without a formal request from a team, but sources say Gilbert’s plan is to give commissioner David Stern a detailed case that includes meetings, phone calls and contingency plans that date as far back as 2008. Gilbert will implore Stern to use his powers as commissioner to get access to phone records and testimony of key people surrounding Heat president Pat Riley, James and others potentially involved.

Gilbert will spare no expense to uncover whatever evidence he can to take to the league office, two sources with direct knowledge of the probe told Yahoo! Sports. The law firm staff includes several former prosecutors with backgrounds in investigating and constructing cases, sources said.

Prior to the start of free agency on July 1, no Miami Heat representative – including star Dwyane Wade(notes) – was allowed to discuss with James the specific circumstances around Wade, Toronto’s Chris Bosh(notes) and James joining together with the Heat.

One focus of the law firm’s probe includes an alleged Riley-James meeting in Miami in November 2009, and a meeting of James’ inner circle with Wade in Chicago in June 2010, sources said.

Riley, James, Wade and Bosh have denied there was a predetermined collusion in the historic free-agent binge, although the players have admitted to discussing the possibility of playing together as far back as the 2008 Olympics in Beijing.

When approached about the story on Tuesday night at Cleveland’s Quicken Loans Arena, Gilbert declined to answer questions from Yahoo! Sports.

As one league source told Yahoo! Sports: The Cavs are “determined to get everything out there. They’re not letting go of this. They’re not going to just let this die.”

Potential penalties for tampering could include front-office suspensions, fines and losses of draft picks. Many teams are suspicious of the league office’s desire to investigate these kind of cases because of the potential embarrassment to the league.

This revelation makes for one more dramatic storyline to James’ return to Cleveland on Thursday night. Gilbert escalated Cleveland’s fervor over losing James when he issued a scathing email about James on the night of the two-time MVP’s television decision. For that diatribe, Stern fined Gilbert $100,000.

Cavaliers probing Heat's signing of James - NBA - Yahoo! Sports

There is NO DOUBT they have under performed...but before call them a "huge disappointment"...let's wait till the dust clears. They have a 6 year contract...if they were to win championships 3 of those 6 years....would THAT be considered a huge disappointment?

So far the Heat are a Bust with a capitol B! ;)

Ok folks, I've got tickets for tonights game. All eyes will be on Cleveland to see our reaction. My question to you is this....

"What should I do?" :D

Ok folks, I've got tickets for tonights game. All eyes will be on Cleveland to see our reaction. My question to you is this....

lebron-fan.jpg

Local radio personality Mike Trivisonno is suggesting everyone chant "Dee-lon-te'." I'd love to see LeBoob's reaction. We all know he took his talents South, but his Mom is still riding West. :eek: :D

Oh, I think you'll boo. And honestly, putting myself in your shoes, I can't blame you (ESPECIALLY because of "The Decision").

We've had a few of these "star athlete comes home" games in recent years here in Boston (granted none of this magnitude), and the way the consensus of fans reactions went is exactly how I felt!

Roger Clemens came back to Fenway and got mostly booed.

Pedro Martinez came back to Fenway and got a long standing O.

Johnny Damon came back to Fenway and got booed.

Drew Bledsoe came back to Foxboro and got a standing O.

Either way have a great time tonight!

Oh, I think you'll boo. And honestly, putting myself in your shoes, I can't blame you (ESPECIALLY because of "The Decision").

We've had a few of these "star athlete comes home" game in recent years here in Boston (granted none of this magnitude), and the way the consensus of fans reactions went is exactly how I felt!

Roger Clemens came back to Fenway and got mostly booed.

Pedro Martinez came back to Fenway and got a long standing O.

Johnny Damon came back to Fenway and got booed.

Drew Bledsoe came back to Foxboro and got a standing O.

Either way have a great time tonight!

I'm sure we'll give Big Z a standing O.

You know who will get quite the opposite.

I say everyone keep perfectly quiet and hold up a newspaper in front of their faces when he's announced. He thrives on attention. Ignoring him would be the biggest insult his ego could possibly take.

HD MM said:
So far the Heat are a Bust with a capitol B! ;)

Sample size.....20 games. What was a bust was 2nd straight seasons with the best record in NBA, the league MVP and the world's best player....and NOTHING to show for it....THAT is bust! ;-)

HD MM said:
I'm sure we'll give Big Z a standing O.

You know who will get quite the opposite.

I say everyone keep perfectly quiet and hold up a newspaper in front of their faces when he's announced. He thrives on attention. Ignoring him would be the biggest insult his ego could possibly take.

I don't think paying for good tickets is considered "ignoring him".

....but that's just me, I guess. ;-)

Booo yours a$$ off....it's your right.

Sample size.....20 games. What was a bust was 2nd straight seasons with the best record in NBA, the league MVP and the world's best player....and NOTHING to show for it....THAT is bust! ;-)

OK, now we know your parameters. Miami now has the world's best player, so if they go two seasons without a championship, according to you they're a bust. Got it.

Sandra

Reggie Jackson, after having taken himself out of a lopsided game in which he had hit a couple of home runs, said something like: They're booing me because they want even more of me than I am giving them.

Last edited:
AntAltMike said:
Reggie Jackson, after having taken himself out of a loopsided game in which he had hit a couple of home runs, said something like: They're booing me because they want even more of me than I am giving them.

Lol...

Reggie Jackson, after having taken himself out of a loopsided game in which he had hit a couple of home runs, said something like: They're booing me because they want even more of me than I am giving them.

Funny. Has nothing whatsoever to do with Lebron's "Decision" situation, but funny.

Sandra

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)