2010-11 NBA Basketball Season

No LeBron (traitor), No Delonte (trade), no Mo Williams (injury), no problem.

Your Clevleand Cavaliers TROUNCE the Charlotte Bobcats, 87-72!

If there was a coach to lead us through this next chapter, Byron Scott is the man. I love the up-tempo style he's bringing! Now if we only had him running this offense a few years ago! Lol!

No LeBron (traitor), No Delonte (trade), no Mo Williams (injury), no problem.

Your Clevleand Cavaliers TROUNCE the Charlotte Bobcats, 87-72!!

Still, that reminds me of the time, in the waning days of the Larry Bird era, that some opposing coach was being interviewed just after the preseason and was told that the Celtics had gone 7-1 and he said, "I didn't realize they were that desperate".

Looks like David Stern is all amped up for this coming season. :up

NBA commissioner David Stern said anticipation surrounding the Miami Heat is one reason why he expects fans may see "some of the greatest basketball ever played" this season.

"We're going to have, really, our most successful season," Stern said. "I don't think it's good guys and bad guys. I think you're going to be getting to see some of the greatest basketball ever played."

NBA commissioner David Stern: Stern: Fans may see 'greatest basketball ever' this season - ESPN

I'm surprised by the lack of intriguing, chic picks in the West this year.

Is everyone in the media basically conceding the West to the Lakers this year? That's what it sounds like to me.

I'm surprised by the lack of intriguing, chic picks in the West this year.

Is everyone in the media basically conceding the West to the Lakers this year? That's what it sounds like to me.

That's fine with me. :D

There wasn't just a hush but an audible gasp from the fans at American Airlines Arena when LeBron James went limping right from the floor to the Heat locker room Tuesday night.

Grasping the back of his right leg much like teammate Dwyane Wade did a week ago with a hamstring injury three minutes into the Heat's preseason, James alarmed more than the crowd. He jolted his coach and Wade, who quickly trailed James into the locker room to check on him.

It was only cramps... :rolleyes:

LeBron James leaves Miami Heat game, walks to locker room - ESPN

Interesting fact....

No matter what happened in the first half, a third quarter team is regrouped and adjusted, and its there that collective talent wins out with the game having progressed far enough to nullify the affect of fluke, outlier-type influences. Basically, you own the third, you own the game, and over the years, the best teams rise to the top when it comes to average third-quarter scoring margins.

Two years ago, the best third quarter teams were the Lakers and Celtics, outscoring opponents by 3.1 and 2.4 points, respectively, each team routinely blowing opponents out after halftime. Last year, at +1.7, the best were Orlando and Oklahoma City, with the Lakers again just behind.

What does all this mean for Miami? Well, with a starting lineup of Chris Bosh, Mike Miller, Joel Anthony, Kenny Hasbrouck and Patrick Beverley, the HEAT came back from a 45-29 halftime deficit to take a 65-64 lead heading into the fourth.

That’s 36 points in the third – 20 alone from Bosh, in All-Star form – and, just as importantly, just 19 from the Hornets, playing their regular season starters minus David West.

Of course, this wouldn’t mean much if it wasn’t becoming a trend, but it is. Excluding last Saturday’s loss to San Antonio when neither Bosh nor James played in the second half, the HEAT are, through four games, outscoring opponents by an average margin of 10.75 points in the third quarter, including three instances where the opponent scored 20 or fewer in the period.

Again, the best average margin last season was +1.7.

Extreme numbers such as these always regress, but what’s important is that they hint at how this team plays out of the break. And that the level of play is coming from the top.

HEAT 76, Hornets 90 Recap

Season starts a week from today, so here's my NBA Finals prediction.

It'll be a Finals rematch- one team a popular pick to be playing in June, the other not so much.

It'll be a return to 2006- the Miami Heat vs. the Dallas Mavericks.

Where can I find NBA preseason player stats? It seems to me that Shaq racked up personal fouls and a mind boggling pace.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)