2010-11 NBA Basketball Season

This Heat team has the feel of a rock band in a way- a team that will feel like a rock star band. Wherever they go, there'll be fans excited just to see Miami.

Salsa is familiar with this- he covered the Jordan-era Bulls at their height of popularity and fan adulation.

This Heat team has the feel of a rock band in a way- a team that will feel like a rock star band. Wherever they go, there'll be fans excited just to see Miami.

Salsa is familiar with this- he covered the Jordan-era Bulls at their height of popularity and fan adulation.

Wade was cleared to start practice with then team on Friday.

From my Vibrant using Tapatalk.....

You prob gonna be out on a date on tuesday huh.. and not watch the ring presentation

Well.....yeah I am but I won't be able to watch it anyway unless it is on TNT or something.

Well.....yeah I am but I won't be able to watch it anyway unless it is on TNT or something.

it will be on TNT but doubt they will show the whole ring presentation, for that you need NBA PASS to watch on FSW

it will be on TNT but doubt they will show the whole ring presentation, for that you need NBA PASS to watch on FSW

Yeah and with paying for the Sunday Ticket, I can't afford to get the League Pass

My local cable company just started carrying the NBA channel unscrambled as part of its "Lifeline" tier. Does that channel carry any games?

AWESOME Lebron commercial causing a stir....

...I LOVED this commercial and reminiscencent of the Charles Barkley "I am not a roll model" commercial! I think a definate worth a look....

FOX Sports
Updated Oct 25, 2010 6:59 PM ET

Tiger Woods tried to remake his image via television commercial. LeBron James appears to be hoping for the same thing.

A new 90-second commercial features James — who controversially left the Cleveland Cavaliers to join the Miami Heat this offseason — asking repeatedly, "What should I do?"

The question seems to be a direct response to the heavy criticism he received from fans and media after publically announcing his intention to leave Cleveland in a televised ESPN interview in July. James joined forces with superstars Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh in Miami in an all-out attempt to win a championship, something he thought the Cavaliers were still a long way from accomplishing.

The ad featured plenty of pointed imagery, including: Cleveland's giant "WE ARE ALL WITNESSES" banner falling to the ground, James speaking to an empty room at a mock Hall of Fame induction, the "CHOSEN 1" tattoo being removed from his back and James at the wheel of a bulldozer tearing through a basketball arena.

At one point, the camera focuses close on James' face as he declares, "I am not a role model."

LeBron James causing a stir with new Nike commercial - NBA News - FOX Sports on MSN

Say what you will about Lebron, Bosh and Wade....but this was a nice sacrifice...

Miami Heat's sacrifices are for love of the game

Udonis Haslem meant so much to Dwyane Wade that Wade sacrificed millions to keep his friend in Miami.

"Our bond is beyond basketball. It's love. It's not business. It's family. I would do anything for Dwyane," said Heat forward Udonis Haslem, left, about teammate Dwyane Wade, right.

By DAN LE BATARD
dlebatard@MiamiHerald.com

There's an uncommon story pulsating at the heart of this Miami Heat team, somehow buried beneath the angry noise and burning jerseys smoldering all around LeBron James.

What about the other hour? The one that wasn't televised?

Is it possible in this hostile climate, around the most hated team in America, for people to even notice the love story?

``It's confusing and unfortunate to me that people don't really see what we did,'' Miami's Udonis Haslem said.

Haslem, loyal employee, team player and proud Miamian, was on the way to what he thought was his exit interview, to thank Pat Riley for discovering him and to say goodbye. The Denver Nuggets and Dallas Mavericks were offering him $34 million, and Haslem was telling his buddy Dwyane Wade by text that all his good time in Miami was now done.

Haslem knew Miami didn't have enough money remaining to compete with Dallas and Denver after signing James, Wade and Chris Bosh, and he couldn't take a one-year minimum contract in Miami with his ill mother dying and family members to support. He had taken millions less once to re-sign here and remain near his beloved Liberty City. He couldn't ignore an extra $30 million now, on perhaps his last contract, no matter how much he loved this city and organization and Wade.

``You'll always be my brother,'' Haslem texted Wade as he walked into Riley's office to say goodbye.

UNPRECEDENTED

Something that doesn't have a lot of precedent in American sports happened then. Wade called Bosh and asked him to cut $15 million off his salary for Haslem. Wade called James and asked him to do the same. Bosh and James barely knew Haslem. Just a few short conversations here and there. But Wade told them this team needed someone hungry and gritty and unselfish like Haslem, and promised to cut $17 million out of his own contract to make it happen, too.

``They said `I'm in' without hesitating,'' Wade said Sunday.

What?

``No questions asked,'' Wade said.

None?

``Not one,'' Wade said. ``They respected UD as a player. And they trusted me as a leader and friend.''

Haslem was in the middle of what he thought was his exit meeting with Riley when Haslem's agent came into the room. Heat owner Micky Arison walked in, too, with Heat numbers savant Andy Elisburg, all of them working to figure out how to get Haslem to $20 million and make room for Haslem's ex-University of Florida teammate Mike Miller, too. Haslem was asked to please leave the room.

``Everything changed in that one hour,'' Haslem says. ``I was outside, and I didn't know what was going on. I figured I was pretty much gone.''

Then his agent emerged with an offer $14 million less than what was being offered in Dallas and Denver.

``It took me less than five minutes to accept it,'' Haslem says.

Haslem reached out to James and Bosh after his agent explained what they had done. ``Thank you,'' he told them. ``You didn't make a mistake. I won't let you down.''

And he called Wade with words not often heard in this muscled world.

``I love you,'' he said.

This was hardly about charity. Wade was very close friends with Dorell Wright, too, and he didn't do this for him. Wade wanted someone on his side who, like Matt Damon's friends in Goodwill Hunting, would take a bat to the head for him. He figured this team -- ``the most hated sports team of my era,'' as Haslem calls it -- would need a rugged man like that

Read more: Miami Heat's sacrifices are for love of the game - Dan Le Batard - MiamiHerald.com

RING TIME B2B !!!!!!!!!!!!

ring.jpg
ring.jpg

Tuesday's Nationally Televised Schedule

Miami at Boston-7:30pm ET (TNT/TNT-HD)

Lakers Ring Ceremony- approx. 10:15pm ET (TNT/TNT-HD)

Houston at LA Lakers- 10:30pm ET (TNT/TNT-HD)

Yeah, you may not be a role model, Lebron, but you made damn sure the entire sports world was focused directly on you and THE DECISION for one week in July. :rolleyes:

Sandra

Crying all the way to the bank

Sports forum participation

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)