2011-12 NFL Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
should've put this here:

steeler safety Ryan Clark will be out for this weekend's game against the broncos. still think steelers win this one.

Wow, just heard why....

Pittsburgh Steelers coach Mike Tomlin on Tuesday said he will not allow safety Ryan Clark to play in Sunday's AFC wild-card game in Denver against the Broncos out of fear for Clark's health.

Clark has sickle cell trait, a condition that can be problematic in the high altitude of Denver. In a 2007 game there, Clark became violently ill and lost his spleen and gallbladder in addition to losing 30 pounds because of deprivation of oxygen to his major organs.

2012 NFL playoffs -- Pittsburgh Steelers' Mike Tomlin says Ryan Clark won't play vs. Denver Broncos - ESPN

With Tebow's bandwagon on fire and in a ditch, some fans are clamoring for Quinn to start against Pittsburgh.

Elway commented on it today:

via John Elway says he's taking a big-picture view of Broncos' playoff berth - The Denver Post

Have to wonder how much time they'll give Tebow if the 3-and-outs start early and often.

Tebow Mania is not dead. He has had the worst 2 games of his career the last 2 games. Hes just getting the bad ones out of the way early in route to his first play off win! Mile High is going to erupt when Tebow leads the Broncos to its first play off victory since before anyone can even remember.

VON DOOM is going to put Ben on IR. (I hope its not to bad) Tebow is going to rush for at least 1 TD and throw for 2 more.

Pittsburgh Steelers coach Mike Tomlin on Tuesday said he will not allow safety Ryan Clark to play in Sunday's AFC wild-card game in Denver against the Broncos out of fear for Clark's health.

Clark has sickle cell trait, a condition that can be problematic in the high altitude of Denver. In a 2007 game there, Clark became violently ill and lost his spleen and gallbladder in addition to losing 30 pounds because of deprivation of oxygen to his major organs.

cybok0 said:
Yeah he almost died a few years ago, it was a bad situation.

I wonder if he will even travel to Denver with the team?

Conventional wisdom says that the Steelers should defeat the Broncos,however............the Baltimore Ravens' LB had this nice thing to say,"We Don't Need God On Our Sidelines"
Terrell Suggs Rips Tim Tebow: 'We Don't Need God On Our Sidelines'
Terrell Suggs Rips Tim Tebow: 'We Don't Need God On Our Sidelines'

You KNOW who's next for the Broncos if they do defeat the Steelers & the Bengals defeat the Texans. We'll see if Suggs words come back to bite him in the a......er,I mean,backside. As they say,"God works in mysterious ways."

I'm not trying to interject religion in this thread,just that Suggs is an idiot. You never know what can fire the Broncos up & make them play above their capabilities against the Steelers,& maybe the idea of showing Terrell Suggs up by defeating the Ravens in Baltimore will be the motivation that the Broncos need. Also,the Broncos' braintrust surely needs to realize that the NFL has adjusted to their "Option Defense" & THEY need to adjust to that reality. if the lowly Kansas City Chiefs(sorry meStevo) can contain Tim Tebow & the Broncos rushing offense & hold them to 3 points,what do you think that the Steelers will do? If the Steelers defense does their job,Charlie Batch could start in place of Ben & give Ben a chance to rest his ankle some more.

I'm not trying to interject religion in this thread,just that Suggs is an idiot. You never know what can fire the Broncos up & make them play above their capabilities against the Steelers,& maybe the idea of showing Terrell Suggs up by defeating the Ravens in Baltimore will be the motivation that the Broncos need. Also,the Broncos' braintrust surely needs to realize that the NFL has adjusted to their "Option Defense" & THEY need to adjust to that reality. if the lowly Kansas City Chiefs(sorry meStevo) can contain Tim Tebow & the Broncos rushing offense & hold them to 3 points,what do you think that the Steelers will do? If the Steelers defense does their job,Charlie Batch could start in place of Ben & give Ben a chance to rest his ankle some more.

There was very little "Option" offense ran against the chiefs or the bills for that matter. Tebow was passing way more and doing basic up the middle runs with Willis and ball. It was very hard watching that poor play calling. They were trying to put Tebow back into a prostyle set and it obviously didnt work. Expect to see the spread option this weekend or at least I hope if they want to win.

There was very little "Option" offense ran against the chiefs or the bills for that matter. Tebow was passing way more and doing basic up the middle runs with Willis and ball. It was very hard watching that poor play calling. They were trying to put Tebow back into a prostyle set and it obviously didnt work. Expect to see the spread option this weekend or at least I hope if they want to win.

They are going to wear their running backs out if they keep running up the middle like they have been doing. The Broncos also need to understand that the Steelers' defense is not going to let up for "Tebow Time" to occur. "Tebow Time" happens when the opposing team lets their guard down. Also,I seriously doubt that Quinn will perform any better than Tebow against the Steelers,so they might as well stick with Tebow & call plays that work.

They tried, it was contained. The option party appears to be over, especially as they now go against the better teams in the league, starting with almost the exact same defense they saw last week with much better personnel. Even those without better defenses they can't keep up with in a shootout (as seen in the Patriots game) if they can get past the Steelers.

Tebow didn't have a bad game, he had a typical game, absent the late game heroics that usually turn his 4/15 60 yard outings into 10/15 150 yard outings in the last 2-4 minutes.

He goes 2/10 against the Steelers in a close game I expect we'll see Quinn thrown into the fire to try and salvage a win.

I wonder if he will even travel to Denver with the team?
yeah it was mentioned he will be going with the team. coach said the safety would be coaching the other safeties this weekend.

They tried, it was contained. The option party appears to be over, especially as they now go against the better teams in the league, starting with almost the exact same defense they saw last week with much better personnel. Even those without better defenses they can't keep up with in a shootout (as seen in the Patriots game) if they can get past the Steelers.

Tebow didn't have a bad game, he had a typical game, absent the late game heroics that usually turn his 4/15 60 yard outings into 10/15 150 yard outings in the last 2-4 minutes.

He goes 2/10 against the Steelers in a close game I expect we'll see Quinn thrown into the fire to try and salvage a win.

There was nothing typical about those two games. He had onyl threw 2 interception his entire pro career before the bills. He threw 3 of them that game and a fumble. He had 2 during the cheifs game and a fumble as well. It was nothing like his typical play.

There was nothing typical about those two games. He had onyl threw 2 interception his entire pro career before the bills. He threw 3 of them that game and a fumble. He had 2 during the cheifs game and a fumble as well. It was nothing like his typical play.

The only difference is the turnovers. You're focusing on that (your stats are wrong, he's got 9 career INTs, 14 fumbles, 6 lost...) instead of the rest of what I said... absent stat-salvaging late game heroics his typical play is along the lines of 4/15 for 60 yards. He's done that in several games this season.

In 3 weeks he's completed 30 passes. 41% completion rate, last week at 6/22 he was 27%!! In a game that if they win, they win the division.

The difference is playing teams that can stop the option, forcing them into a conventional offense, which is like putting a square peg in a round hole for Tebow thus far in his career, it just doesn't work.

If anything it could be a sign of progress. Instead of throwing the ball 10 yards from the target he's getting it in the neighborhood... and defenders are catching it.

I am pretty sure Brady Quinn could complete more than 30 passes in 3 weeks... maybe convert a few of those 3rd downs and a couple of those games aren't blowouts and they win vs KC.

Prediction: the conference championship games will have both top seeds (Ravens vs. Patriots, Saints vs. Packers)

Anyone else ever think we'd never see the day where two of the worst defensive teams statistically in the NFL would become the top 2 seeds in the playoffs? Amazing how quickly the NFL game has made defense completely irrelevant.... if you have the offense to overcome it.

Looks like the cure for Tebowmania was AFC East football- Patriots and Bills.

Or extended film on his game.

Tebow's been figured out. Plain and simple. Teams now play man-coverage and he has no where to go with the ball. And they finally realized Tebow running isn't all that bad either and the big plays can be minimized. He's not Michael Vick after all.

Tebow Mania is not dead. He has had the worst 2 games of his career the last 2 games. Hes just getting the bad ones out of the way early in route to his first play off win! Mile High is going to erupt when Tebow leads the Broncos to its first play off victory since before anyone can even remember.

VON DOOM is going to put Ben on IR. (I hope its not to bad) Tebow is going to rush for at least 1 TD and throw for 2 more.

While I don't think the Pitt offense will put up big numbers at all due to the two key injuries to Ben's ankle and Mendenhall's knee, you won't have to score all that much to win. The thing is, I can't see your offense or Tebow doing ANYTHING against the Pitt Defense. Tebow's been figured out. And even if you putt Quinn in, Pitt has experience against him too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finally, the fight I WANTED: Cotto vs. Mayweather!

Namath

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)