Status
Not open for further replies.
Biggest flop through 3 games? Feel free to vote:

1. Chris Johnson
2. Nnnnnamdi
3. Donovan McNabb
4. Ocho Stinko
5. Matt Cassell

NNamdi not a flop...just not playing like he did in Oakland. If the Eagles knew they were getting DRC in the Kolb trade, you have to wonder if they would have saved the money on Asomugha and put it toward the O-line instead.

That said...the biggest flop is the Jets O-line. What a comedy troupe.

Sandra

Week 4- Top 10
1. Green Bay
2. Detroit
3. Baltimore
4. New England
5. New Orleans
6. Houston
7. San Diego
8. Tennessee
9. Buffalo
10. Tampa Bay

Week 4- Not 10
32. St. Louis
31. Minnesota
30. Kansas City
29. Arizona
28. Seattle
27. Indianapolis
26. Jacksonville
25. Miami
24. Denver
23. Carolina

HD MM said:
Biggest flop through 4 games? Feel free to vote:

1. Chris Johnson
2. Nnnnnamdi
3. Donovan McNabb
4. Ocho Stinko
5. Matt Cassell

Ok... I mean McNabb, you have the stats to prove he had not done well and you have had plenty of analyst state he has done well. But where are the stats and or the stories or headlines indicating that Nnamdi has done bad? I assuming, this is your opinion correct?

SandraC said:
NNamdi not a flop...just not playing like he did in Oakland. If the Eagles knew they were getting DRC in the Kolb trade, you have to wonder if they would have saved the money on Asomugha and put it toward the O-line instead.

That said...the biggest flop is the Jets O-line. What a comedy troupe.

Sandra

This I agree. Nnamdi has gone from a man coverage most of the time to a team that splits its coverage about half of the time. You are more exposed on man coverage. The zone defense has been exposed more....not Nnamdi on his man coverage.

Ok... I mean McNabb, you have the stats to prove he had not done well and you have had plenty of analyst state he has done well. But where are the stats and or the stories or headlines indicating that Nnamdi has done bad? I assuming, this is your opinion correct?

I'm not sure a cornerback has statistics available that are as cut and dry as a QB's.

The reason I've included NNamdi on the list was, #1. He was the most sought after free agent this offseason. And #2. In the games I've seen, he hasn't been as "lock down" as I remember him being with Oakland. But don't take my word for it. There are plenty of publications suggesting the same, such as NFL.com......

Philly's star-studded secondary has been a major disappointment.

Much of the hype surrounding the Eagles in the preseason revolved around going after the best defense that money could buy. Opponents not only were expected to be under constant pressure from a rebuilt defensive line spearheaded by newcomers Jason Babin and Cullen Jenkins, but also be blanketed by Nnamdi Asomugha, Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie and Asante Samuel.
While the revamped front line has certainly lived up to the hype, the secondary has fallen woefully short of expectations. The unit has surrendered eight touchdowns, tied for the most in the league, and only produced two interceptions. They also have allowed two completions of 40-plus yards and been torched by unheralded receivers.

Asomugha, in particular, has struggled despite being regarded as the premier shutdown corner in the league. He has been caught out of position on deep throws and his inability to snuff out the likes of Victor Cruz and Brandon Gibson is a concern considering the elite receivers remaining on the Eagles' schedule.

Part of Asomugha's woes in coverage could be attributed to transitioning into a scheme vastly different from the one he thrived in as a Raider. He is being asked to play more zone coverage, and isn't completely comfortable playing away from the line of scrimmage. He is also occasionally aligning over the slot receiver, which requires different techniques than he is accustomed. Regardless of the circumstances, Asomugha was expected to raise the level of play in the back end and he has failed to do so thus far.

Rodgers-Cromartie also has been a slight disappointment as a nickel corner. He hasn't been solid as a tackler, and his misses have resulted in big gains. He has also failed to deliver the big plays expected of him when the Eagles traded for him in the offseason. He has no interceptions and just one break-up.

Of the Eagles' star-studded corners, Samuel has played the best to date. He has provided solid coverage on most downs despite rarely seeing a ball head in his direction. His gambling ways, however, will result in a receiver slipping behind him at times. He compensates for his risky play by delivering turnovers. He is responsible for one of the Eagles' two picks and his ability to jump routes dissuades quarterbacks from testing him. While he could certainly become a better tackler, it is hard to nitpick based on his performance compared to his counterparts.

Defensive coordinator Juan Castillo has come under fire for failing to get his unit to perform, and he will continue to feel the heat until his secondary proves its worth.

Joe Willy SLAMS Jets!

The New York Jets haven't heard the last from Joe Namath.

The team's Hall of Fame quarterback, who criticized the coaching style of Rex Ryan after the team's loss to the Oakland Raiders in Week 3, was at it again Monday, ripping the team's personnel department and lack of unity in an interview with ESPN 1050.

Namath wasn't happy that Jets receiver Santonio Holmes criticized quarterback Mark Sanchez for an interception that was returned for a touchdown and New York's offensive line for their play in the Jets' 34-17 loss to the Baltimore Ravens on Sunday night.

"For Holmes, as a captain, to go outside, to the media, and start pointing fingers. ... I mean, he's right about the ball getting out late to him (on the interception), and he's right about the offensive line, but that can create a problem in the locker room. ... That divisiveness can bury a team."

Namath wasn't too kind to the Jets front office, either.

"I'm not sure what's going on there," he said. "We picked some poor players and we're not owning up to it. That's what it amounts to. You've got guys on the roster who have been picked and you keep trying to say, 'OK, they're going to work out.' Well, guess what? We tried that with (Vernon) Gholston and it didn't work out.

"You have to (say), 'Hey, I made a bad pick, a bad selection,' and move on. The Jets didn't do that and it's a little late for the season to get it righted."

Left guard Matt Slauson, presumably one of the "poor players" Namath was referring to, told ESPN, "We don't care one bit what Joe Namath has to say. He means nothing to us."
Ryan was similarly dismissive of Namath on Monday night, suggesting the Jets' problems were not isolated to Sanchez.

"Joe Montana can be the quarterback -- maybe not Joe Namath -- but Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, whoever, would have had a rough day," Ryan said.

Fireman Ed and Jet Nation can't be too happy with all the flack swirling around in East Rutherford. Ugh!!!!!!!

Week 4- Top 10
1. Green Bay
2. Detroit
3. Baltimore
4. New England
5. New Orleans
6. Houston
7. San Diego
8. Tennessee
9. Buffalo
10. Tampa Bay
I cant put Detroit at number 2 until they beat teams like Houston, New England, New Orleans, Baltimore or Green Bay.

LOL a sports fan with Dish Network gets another check mark in the bad area from me... ;)

Sandra

Dish so far has been cheaper and I've not missed a CFB game yet that wasn't carried on a channel thru them.. I can just go to espn3 if otherwise...I'll avoid Direct like I avoid throwing gas on a fire.

I'm not sure a cornerback has statistics available that are as cut and dry as a QB's.

The reason I've included NNamdi on the list was, #1. He was the most sought after free agent this offseason. And #2. In the games I've seen, he hasn't been as "lock down" as I remember him being with Oakland. But don't take my word for it. There are plenty of publications suggesting the same, such as NFL.com......

There is, unfortunately, it's a paid service used the NFL called Stats INC. You can brouse the standard stats, but things like "burn ratio" I think you have to be a paid member. Now, afar as Nnamdi concerned, there is disappoint in Philly, that is the Eagles fault. Oakland was a "cover man" CB, the Eagles only play half of the time. So to rate him even a dissappoint after only 4 games in a defense he has barely played...well, what can you say about Philly media and the fans? In 3 websites, NFL.com, Fox Sports he have him as only defending 1 pass after 4 games. That means one of 2 things, those THREE websites consider that most to all of the defense he has played has been a zone type defense, or that they have not throw enough to him on a man-on-man coverage to qualify. Either way you look at it....it's not one site stating that stat line...it's 3.

There is, unfortunately, it's a paid service used the NFL called Stats INC. You can brouse the standard stats, but things like "burn ratio" I think you have to be a paid member. Now, afar as Nnamdi concerned, there is disappoint in Philly, that is the Eagles fault. Oakland was a "cover man" CB, the Eagles only play half of the time. So to rate him even a dissappoint after only 4 games in a defense he has barely played...well, what can you say about Philly media and the fans? In 3 websites, NFL.com, Fox Sports he have him as only defending 1 pass after 4 games. That means one of 2 things, those THREE websites consider that most to all of the defense he has played has been a zone type defense, or that they have not throw enough to him on a man-on-man coverage to qualify. Either way you look at it....it's not one site stating that stat line...it's 3.

Did you say he defended only one pass all year? That's blatantly incorrect and not even worth arguing.

Sandra

Asomugha played some zone in Oakland, but not much, he said. In his last four seasons with the Raiders he was targeted just an average of 2.3 times a game. With Asante Samuel playing opposite he's already been targeted 10 times in three games with the Eagles.
Only four of those passes have been completed, although one was for 31 yards and another (Cruz's) was for 28 yards. Asomugha has also been called for a 41-yard pass interference penalty and whiffed at Cruz when he took a pass 78 yards for a score.

Eagles' Asomugha no longer on his island - Page 2 - Philly.com

I cant put Detroit at number 2 until they beat teams like Houston, New England, New Orleans, Baltimore or Green Bay.
I won't disagree...the Lions still need to beat one of the top-teams before people take them seriously. Plus, they are not going to beat any Top 5 teams giving up 20+ point leads and playing only the 2nd half.

Biggest flop through 4 games? Feel free to vote:

1. Chris Johnson
2. Nnnnnamdi
3. Donovan McNabb
4. Ocho Stinko
5. Matt Cassell

#1 is Donovan McNabb...his former team, Washington Redskins, is 3-1 with Rex Grossman for goodness sakes, and he is 0-4 leading the Vikings offense. I cannot imagine anyone being a bigger flop so far this season.

Did you say he defended only one pass all year? That's blatantly incorrect and not even worth arguing.

Sandra

But I do object to that fact that my mistake was described as "blantantly". I do not misinform on purpose. When I post something that I consider a fact, I post with links unless they are too many to mention.

Going forward, as I stated, I now know the ground rules for discussing things with you....

#1 is Donovan McNabb...his former team, Washington Redskins, is 3-1 with Rex Grossman for goodness sakes, and he is 0-4 leading the Vikings offense. I cannot imagine anyone being a bigger flop so far this season.

You cannot consider someone a flop when he was already playing bad, can you? It's not like everyone didn't know his play had deteriorated...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angelo Dundee, Trainer of Ali and Leonard, Dies at 90

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts