2011-12 NFL Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't the Seachickens (from Seattle) travel all the way to East Rutherford (New Jersey) to beat the NY Giants this past Sunday at the very early hour of 1pm (10am PST)??

Absoutely! Didn't see the game (or any games, until last night), we brought my niece to a soccer tournament in Virginia this weekend.

The basic premise is still valid. It's a lot more challenging for west coast teams to travel east and play at 10 AM than it is for east coast teams to travel west and play at any time.

Doesn't make it impossible, of course...just more challenging. Check the overall records of west coast teams traveling east for a 10AM start...

Sandra

Sandra

I guess you learn something new everyday. On Jahvid Best's 88 yard TD last night for the Lions:
"Best's 88-yard run was the second-longest in franchise history, trailing only Bob Hoernschemeyer's 96-yard run against the New York Yankees on Nov. 23, 1950. It was 3 yards longer than Barry Sanders' longest gain on the ground."
Hey, I didn't know the Yankees used to be a football team. That's Awesome!:rolleyes:
NFL Game Center: Chicago Bears at Detroit Lions - 2011 Week 5

I guess you learn something new everyday. On Jahvid Best's 88 yard TD last night for the Lions:
"Best's 88-yard run was the second-longest in franchise history, trailing only Bob Hoernschemeyer's 96-yard run against the New York Yankees on Nov. 23, 1950. It was 3 yards longer than Barry Sanders' longest gain on the ground."
Hey, I didn't know the Yankees used to be a football team. That's Awesome!:rolleyes:
:haha !!!

Yeah, apparently it was most problematic during September, when they had to play both sports. Come October, after they won the World Series, they were able to concentrate on football full time.

Still, Joe Dimaggio was not the most feared linebacker in the NFL...

Sandra

Irony or just plain coincidence??? Hmmmm.

It was pre-planned by the Dolphins owners. To attract more fans for that game...trying to take advantage of the huge Gators alumni...and have Nat Moore, a former Dolphin and Gator part of upper management did not hurt either.

It was pre-planned by the Dolphins owners. To attract more fans for that game...trying to take advantage of the huge Gators alumni...and have Nat Moore, a former Dolphin and Gator part of upper management did not hurt either.
its pathetic :(

its pathetic :(

You have seen how much trouble they have had selling out their home games. One game, if I am not mistaken, they needed one of the beer distributors to buy the last 10,000 tickets for the home opener to be seen on local TV. As long as the team does not win, it will be a tough ticket to sell.

You have seen how much trouble they have had selling out their home games. One game, if I am not mistaken, they needed one of the beer distributors to buy the last 10,000 tickets for the home opener to be seen on local TV. As long as the team does not win, it will be a tough ticket to sell.
yep you're right about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angelo Dundee, Trainer of Ali and Leonard, Dies at 90

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts