2011-12 NFL Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, that was pretty harsh. I like the Lions, but funny how NOW that they are winning...and mind you, they have not won a playoff game since 1991...now that they are winning...they are talking. Some of these gusy should learn to WIN FIRST..talk later.

So there is a timeline when a team can talk smack? LOL

With that being said and Im not drinking the kool-aid but I dont give the Giants much of a chance against the Pats. If it wasnt for the Giants D at the end of the game they would have lost and for a while, I thought they would. The Giants are going to have a tough stretch right now and I dont envy them at all.

I posted it yesterday, but it's worth repeating............that schedule for the Giants is a killer!!

IMO, you stop smack talk by winning. Or back it up. If they won the Super Bowl this year some fans would say 'yeah well we've won x number of SBs, so shut up'. It's just fans being fans.

That being said, the harshest of the smack talk being quoted is from an unnamed Lion, and it doesn't really say anything most of us would disagree with, so what's the big deal?

Chris Houston put it more simply and matter of fact, and was even confirmed by John Fox himself:

DENVER – The Lions’ defensive game plan Sunday was simple, yet devastatingly effective: to force quarterback Tim Tebow to win the game with his left arm rather than his legs.

“Take away the run and make Tebow be a quarterback,” said Lions cornerback Chris Houston, whose 100-yard interception return in the fourth quarter provided the exclamation point on Detroit’s 45-10 destruction of the Broncos.

“They were very simple,” Broncos coach John Fox said. “They played mostly single-high safety and dared us to throw.”

That full story is here - Lions’ Game Plan: ‘Make Tebow Be a Quarterback’

I'm always a sucker for a good rags to riches sports story, but I'm starting to notice a not so likable pattern to this Lions team. First Suh last week and now this. Maybe it's all a coincidence, but it makes me go hmmmm.........

LOL yeah Bill...rags to jerks stories are not quite as appealing!

Sandra

I posted it yesterday, but it's worth repeating............that schedule for the Giants is a killer!!

I'm not getting too hopeful for my resurgent Chiefs... tonight vs Chargers then

Miami
Denver
@ New England
Pittsburgh
@ Chicago
@ New York (Jets)
Green Bay
Oakland
@ Denver

Not the murderers row the Giants are facing... but we could lose all but 2-3 of those... I'd pencil us into a mediocre 12th pick or so in the draft. 8-8 (win 5 of those) would be a pretty optimistic view. Potentially HUGE impact on playoff teams if they can upset any though, and beating teams like the Patriots and Jets could improve possible wildcard chances.

Yeah....it's called win A playoff game. That means you have accomplished OTHER than talk smack. ;-)
Won plenty just not in the modern era...
By the end of the year, if Tebow is truly in over his head and the Lions make it to the play offs- Which is a big if cause I have been tempering my expectations of the
Lions for many years then it will be all good. LOL

Beat us please.....:eek:

I'm not getting too hopeful for my resurgent Chiefs... tonight vs Chargers then

Miami
Denver
@ New England
Pittsburgh
@ Chicago
@ New York (Jets)
Green Bay
Oakland
@ Denver

Not the murderers row the Giants are facing... but we could lose all but 2-3 of those... I'd pencil us into a mediocre 12th pick or so in the draft. 8-8 (win 5 of those) would be a pretty optimistic view. Potentially HUGE impact on playoff teams if they can upset any though, and beating teams like the Patriots and Jets could improve possible wildcard chances.

So Tebow had a brutal day yesterday. He missed a lot of throws, he just does not look comfortable in this offense at all. I dont know if he just has no faith in his receivers or if he expects them to be better then they are but hes not throwing the ball where they need him to. I think for one hes having trouble adjust to the non-spread style offense, and 2 he is certainly used to having guys like aaron and percy and rainy and demps to give the ball to. A big lack of communication between the QB and the guys going for the ball. They receivers are expecting the ball one way, Tebow seems to be expecting them to run another, or to even be faster then they are.

Couple of bad throws but there were a lot more dropped passes that a NFL receiver should of caught. He was over throwing on the long ball all day, which is unusual for him as FLA was known for there big long plays with him as a QB. Its his short (in hte middle) throws he usually has trouble with. So very odd to watch how out of sync they were.

We also cant blame the denver defense for giving up 45 points. They played 80% of the game time. They were tired and worn down, its hard to play defense when your offense has some many 3 and outs. Never get a chance to breathe.

Fox sounds like he's getting ready to pull the plug on tebow. Merrill hoge mentioned today There's no need to see more of Tim.but Merrill is an ass.I can't stand the guy.pos. I say leave him for at least another game.honestly what else is Denver going to do?

So Tebow had a brutal day yesterday. He missed a lot of throws, he just does not look comfortable in this offense at all.

There's little reason he shouldn't feel comfortable, Denver ran 50 plays out of shotgun yesterday.

Congrats Salsa, after being non-committal last night Fox said Tebow is starting @ Oakland next week. I have a feeling Brady Quinn won't be inactive.

meStevo said:
There's little reason he shouldn't feel comfortable, Denver ran 50 plays out of shotgun yesterday.

Congrats Salsa, after being non-committal last night Fox said Tebow is starting @ Oakland next week. I have a feeling Brady Quinn won't be inactive.

He could be in for afternoon ....

This just means that the tebow thing will be week to week for now on.talk about adding to the pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angelo Dundee, Trainer of Ali and Leonard, Dies at 90

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts