2011-12 NFL Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
We shall see. From the Denver Post -

This race too close to call

In the AFC West, the Broncos (6-5) remain one game behind the division-leading Raiders (7-4). Their remaining schedules:
BRONCOS
Date Opponent W-L
Dec. 4 at Minnesota 2-9
Dec. 11 vs. Chicago 7-4
Dec. 18 vs. New England 8-3
Dec. 24 at Buffalo 5-6
Jan. 1 vs. Kansas City 4-7

RAIDERS
Date Opponent W-L
Dec. 4 at Miami 3-8
Dec. 11 at Green Bay 11-0
Dec. 18 vs. Detroit 7-4
Dec. 24 at Kansas City 4-7
Jan. 1 vs. San Diego 4-7

Read more: Broncos rally again behind Tim Tebow, Matt Prater FG in OT to beat Chargers 16-13 - The Denver Post Broncos rally again behind Tim Tebow, Matt Prater FG in OT to beat Chargers 16-13 - The Denver Post
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: Terms of Use - The Denver Post

We will hopefully be getting back McFadden, Ford, Denarius and Chris Johnson. Once we get back those guys, I say we match up with anyone.

IF we go just 3-2...we win the division. Denver would have to go 4-1 in their final five and I do not see that happening. I see them going 3-2 as well. Can Denver go 4-1...? Yeah, sure...and so can the Raiders. The ONLY advantage Denver has is that they have 3 home games to Oakland's 2.

SabresRule said:
Salsa's been critical of the new defensive coordinator.

Is he any different or worse than your old nemesis, the goo tub?

He ...as in Tub-o-goo has become MORE aggressive in Dallas than what he was in Oakland and Cleveland.

Breshna-douche has called some TERRIBLE defenses this year. They should have had a "spy" in the Broncos loss. Last year, in Tebow's start against the Raiders...they had a "spy" and they trounced the Broncos like 42-24... There were tons of defensive lapses against your Bills. Blamed that on the coaching.

No, I'm NOT wrong ....
A guy gets kicked in the groin earlier and gets NOTHING, but you'll see Suh get hit hard .... THATS not being consistant.
You are right, No player has ever been suspended for un-sportsman like conduct unless the other player was injured. Any suspension of Suh in this case is a precedent setter.

WOW.....I don't blame the CBS affiliate in Minneapolis for being pissed off!

from the "ironic" category...Vikes got 3000 tickets to sell by Thursday or face blackout.
I bet dollars to donuts if the game was still on CBS WCCO (CBS here in Mpls) would buy the remaining tickets so the game would be shown.

So WCCO might get to show an early game...maybe ;)

from the "ironic" category...Vikes got 3000 tickets to sell by Thursday or face blackout.
I bet dollars to donuts if the game was still on CBS WCCO (CBS here in Mpls) would buy the remaining tickets so the game would be shown.

So WCCO might get to show an early game...maybe ;)

So in Minneapolis on Sunday, it will probably be either:

If the Vikings sellout: Broncos-Vikes (FOX-early) AND Ravens-Browns (CBS-late) OR

If the Vikes DON'T sellout: Chiefs-Bears (CBS-early) AND Packers-Giants (FOX-late)

If I'm the Fox affiliate I think I snatch up the tickets. IMO, it's a win-win.....you get to show your local team going against the hottest name in the NFL, AND you bury CBS in the ratings Sunday afternoon.

OTOH, Packers-Giants is a plum matchup (I'm assuming the Pack is a decent draw in the Twin Cities) in the late afternoon window for FOX, and CBS would get the Bears early.

Hmmm, I'll be interested to see how this unique situation shakes out. :)

salsadancer7 said:
I am oh-for Buffalo(0-3), oh-for-Ja:mad:0-1), 3-2 in Miami, 1-0 in Tampa, 1-0 in Atlanta and 2-6 in Oakland since joining here...overall, 5-12! BLLAAHHH!!!:(

But things are looking up...yep, with a team that had 'no chance of being .500 after losing Nnamdi, Miller, firing a coach that took them to their best record since 2002 and Jason Campbell at QB AND a tougher schedule than last year'....;)

Yep...not too shabby at all so far.

I thought you went to one in Pittsburgh?

cybok0 said:
I thought you went to one in Pittsburgh?

YES! forgot that one! The Gradkowki TD pass to Louis Murphy with 19 seconds left.

My Raiders record is so abysmal that I may have forgotten a few more...

Last edited:
So in Minneapolis on Sunday, it will probably be either:

If the Vikings sellout: Broncos-Vikes (FOX-early) AND Ravens-Browns (CBS-late) OR

If the Vikes DON'T sellout: Chiefs-Bears (CBS-early) AND Packers-Giants (FOX-late)
yep. The Packer game is shown regardless as Fox has the DH

If I'm the Fox affiliate I think I snatch up the tickets. IMO, it's a win-win.....you get to show your local team going against the hottest name in the NFL, AND you bury CBS in the ratings Sunday afternoon.
They did that once and that was their "opener" for the Vikes that year. Vikes started the year on NBC (against the Saints) then had a CBS game. When game 3 came around they (Fox) bought up like 2000 tickets. Our Fox affiliate is owned by Fox so they have some money ;)
The Vikes no matter how much they suck will still beat the CBS game even if it was a top tier game
OTOH, Packers-Giants is a plum matchup (I'm assuming the Pack is a decent draw in the Twin Cities) in the late afternoon window for FOX, and CBS would get the Bears early.
yeah they are a big draw in the Twin cities. Even on the other border cities they are too (like Duluth and Rochester). I know the NFL tries to schedule games so that the Vikes and Pack arent on at same time so both teams get exposure in the upper midwest

Last blackout was like 1997

I have tickets to the Bengals game on New Years Day. It will be only the 3rd game I have ever attended. I am 1-1

Suh is not making $41M this year.

8/3/2010: Signed a five-year, $60 million contract. The deal contains $40 million guaranteed. Another $8 million is available through incentives.
2011: $1.405 million, 2012: $9.25 million, 2013: $11.15 million, 2014: $11.55 million, 2015: $3.505 million (Voidable Year), 2016: Free Agent

I already explained his salary in my post above. The guaranteed monies were included in a lump sum pay this year. Couple that with his $1.405 million "regular" salary and you get... $41mill apx.

The penalty would be in fact, .0019 of his pay this year.

He ...as in Tub-o-goo has become MORE aggressive in Dallas than what he was in Oakland and Cleveland.

Breshna-douche has called some TERRIBLE defenses this year. They should have had a "spy" in the Broncos loss. Last year, in Tebow's start against the Raiders...they had a "spy" and they trounced the Broncos like 42-24... There were tons of defensive lapses against your Bills. Blamed that on the coaching.

Tubby is the same coach. He just has better players in Dallas than he did in Clevo or Oakland.

Ramy said:
I have tickets to the Bengals game on New Years Day. It will be only the 3rd game I have ever attended. I am 1-1

I had a chance for tickets from work for Sunday steelers vs bungles but my dad didn't want to go so I opted out.

I already explained his salary in my post above. The guaranteed monies were included in a lump sum pay this year. Couple that with his $1.405 million "regular" salary and you get... $41mill apx.

The penalty would be in fact, .0019 of his pay this year.
I'm still not sure why you think Suh is making $41M this year....If the guaranteed money was indeed a single lump sum, wouldn't it have been paid last year, when he signed his deal??

I'm still not sure why you think Suh is making $41M this year....If the guaranteed money was indeed a single lump sum, wouldn't it have been paid last year, when he signed his deal??

I am getting my information from current NFL business analyst of ESPN, editor of National Football Post and former vice president of operations of the Green Bay Packers, Andrew Brandt. He is saying Suh is due the lump sum guaranteed money THIS year on top of his regular $1.4 mill salary.

It is being reported by NFL on twitter that Jacksonville coach Jack Del Rio has been fired.

So in Minneapolis on Sunday, it will probably be either:If the Vikings sellout: Broncos-Vikes (FOX-early) AND Ravens-Browns (CBS-late) ORIf the Vikes DON'T sellout: Chiefs-Bears (CBS-early) AND Packers-Giants (FOX-late)If I'm the Fox affiliate I think I snatch up the tickets. IMO, it's a win-win.....you get to show your local team going against the hottest name in the NFL, AND you bury CBS in the ratings Sunday afternoon.OTOH, Packers-Giants is a plum matchup (I'm assuming the Pack is a decent draw in the Twin Cities) in the late afternoon window for FOX, and CBS would get the Bears early.Hmmm, I'll be interested to see how this unique situation shakes out. :)
C'mon Bill...bite the bullet and get Sunday Ticket already!!! All the conversation about what game is on becomes totally irrelevant...because they're ALL on! :D

It's like, so 2005...I feel like I'm back at dbsforums! Where's Dan!?!?

Sandra

C'mon Bill...bite the bullet and get Sunday Ticket already!!! All the conversation about what game is on becomes totally irrelevant...because they're ALL on! :D

It's like, so 2005...I feel like I'm back at dbsforums! Where's Dan!?!?

Sandra

ST would be difficult to get without being a D* sub. :D

Besides, I'm VERY happy with my NFL RedZone, and VERY happy with my FiOS. We must get mail from D* once every six weeks, saying how much they miss us, offering FREE ST. No offense, but I don't need to watch a Cardinals-Seahawks game, when I have up to seven games a week on my TV AND RedZone. ;)

As for Dan Collins, has any one heard from him? Is he among us here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angelo Dundee, Trainer of Ali and Leonard, Dies at 90

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts