2011 DirecTV Package Channel Lists - Including Family & Select

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I just figured you left that out with the other RSN's.
Yes I know D* has it as a national, but most providers have it as a Local RSN.

That's exactly why I left it out, figured it was just midwest, but Directv has it nationally without sportspack. Kinda suprised me.

looking at those charts I honestly could drop to Select Classic if not for MLB Network and Tru TV

yeah there would be channels I'd miss (mainly in Choice Extra) but if money got tight.....choices have to be made ;)

looking at those charts I honestly could drop to Select Classic if not for MLB Network and Tru TV

yeah there would be channels I'd miss (mainly in Choice Extra) but if money got tight.....choices have to be made ;)
I agree, I like the NEW Choice Select. Its good enough if the budget calls for it.
Butter solution then going from Choice Extra to Choice to save only $5, and Family would never fly in my house.
I would drop my Life insurance before I went down to the family pack.:D

New Select looks much improved. I hope they add this as a real option to us online.:up

Little late seeing this been busy with the 4DTV conversion crazyness. Excellent list thanks for posting it. My plans for Direct as of June (year 2) this year will be exactly what I wanted to do and spend :) Between Direct and the 4D I can get just what I want for a great price. Best of both worlds :up:up

Last edited:
I agree, I like the NEW Choice Select. Its good enough if the budget calls for it.
Butter solution then going from Choice Extra to Choice to save only $5, and Family would never fly in my house.
I would drop my Life insurance before I went down to the family pack.:D

New Select looks much improved. I hope they add this as a real option to us online.:up

I see it doesnt include the RSN which honestly for me other than the Twins games there isnt much on my local RSN. (well the Wild are on there too but they have alot of games OTA) ;)

This new list shows BBC in hd. Is this a portent or just wishful thinking?

Great list!

Although the local regional sports channel isn't available on the sub choice channels you could add the sports pack and still come out ahead if you wanted. And if you are subscribed to ST you also get the NFL network.

I'm seriously thinking of dropping down. Aside from sports and local channels I find myself watching Roku offerings much more than DIRECTV. This is not likely to change as it seems DIRECTV wants to devote new capacity to PPV exclusively.

When is Directv going to advertise it?

They are testing offering the $45/mo version of Select in some market (TN I think it was). They'll probably give it six months or so and see if they have many people drop down on their own and if their retention numbers are any better. Probably measure new signups with Select as well, but they have Choice near the same price for the first year and don't discount Select much from what I saw, so that is probably minimial.

Great list!

Although the local regional sports channel isn't available on the sub choice channels you could add the sports pack and still come out ahead if you wanted. And if you are subscribed to ST you also get the NFL network..

Can you add the sports pack if your package doesnt have the local RSN? I didnt think you could do that

wait a minute...so someone could drop down to say "select classic" for 39.99 then add the sports pack for $12.99 and you would get (in my case being in MN) Fox Sports North and the other sports channels (with obvious blackouts).

Now you say "Local RSN game feeds"...so do you get the local RSN 24/7 or just for games?

wait a minute...so someone could drop down to say "select classic" for 39.99 then add the sports pack for $12.99 and you would get (in my case being in MN) Fox Sports North and the other sports channels (with obvious blackouts).

Now you say "Local RSN game feeds"...so do you get the local RSN 24/7 or just for games?

You get RSN 24/7 I was trying to separate them out from the RSNs that you have the prosport blackout on aka anything out side your "home" area.

hmmm....sounds like a good deal and its actually better than Dish because Dish you can't add the sports pack unless you have a package with at least your locals RSN (AT120+ or AT200)

Dang only is Tru TV was in the Select package ;)
(not that I would move down packages but its tempting)

You can add sport pack to any package to get local rsns game feeds + the normal outside your area coverage on the others.

Good information, I am guessing that many may not know this, it may help some who want to lower there package and still get there RSN (if they would still be saving by doing this)

When I download it tells me I already Adobe Reader installed.
Drag the document icon over the Acrobat Reader icon and let go. It should load the document with Acrobat Reader (regardless of OS if I recall correctly).

Long term, you need to change the default application for .PDF files.

I have always subbed to Premier with HD Access & HD Extra. With the new prices it looks like HD Access is now included??? and I would only be paying for the HD Extra Pack? Is that correct?

HD access is still separate but if you have auto pay the HD access is free (after credit). You just have to call in and request it

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)